Hospital

Nessa took a large breath in as she sat in car, today was the bone marrow transplant and although she researched about for the past couple of weeks she was was still nervous. 

She visited Debbie a lot without Eric knowing, Nessa wasn't really close to her mother. Her focus has always been on work and not even on her own daughter, she lived all the way in New York and whenever they met, it always resulted with them budding heads. They were never on the same page, everyone knew that Nessa was the total opposite from her mother. Which is why she already felt that Debbie was a mother to her since her own mother wasn't there for her. 

She buckled herself and started the car towards the hospital. The appointment was early morning and was told that she may have to stay night which she did not want to do.

Nessa fiddled with the radio trying to find music that would fit the situation, nothing was good enough so she settled on listening to the of cars rushing past her and the wind whipping through her hair. She regretted not bringing anyone with her, she didn't tell anybody about today not even Lillian. She thought it was best to keep it to herself. 

***

After Nessa checked in, she was directed to a room where she changed into a hospital gown and laid down on the bed.  Her heart racing as the doctor asked her questions, she nodded and smiled nervously not really knowing what he was saying. 

"Are you nervous?" He asked, noticing her constant movement. 

"Just a little." She squeaked. 

"You didn't bring anyone with you?" 

She shook her head. 

"Alright, you'll be just fine." He gave her a comforting smile. "See you in a couple of minutes." And with that, he walked out. 

Nessa played with the hospital gown that looked weird on her body. She sighed and looked out the window, hoping that it would soothe her nerves. 

"Um...Hey Young." She heard a familiar voice greet, she shut her eyes hoping that it wasn't who she thought it was. She finally opened her eyes and turned to see Eric standing there at the doorway with a plastic bag in his hand. 

"Why are you here?" She asked, sitting up.

He cocked an eyebrow and made his way towards her. "Well, you are the donor for my mom." 

She let out a sigh. "Who told you?"

"The hospital called yesterday, if you were planning to keep this a secret from me you should've asked to be anonymous." He sat down on the chair beside the bed. "They wouldn't let me see my mom so I came here to see you." 

She closed in her eyes and mentally kicked herself. "Right." Her eyes fluttered open." Thanks?" She said in a questioning tone, raising her eyebrow. She didn't know how to reply to the last thing he said. 

He rolled his eyes. "I got this for you." His hand reached into the plastic bag and tossed in onto Nessa's lap. 

She cocked an eyebrow as she looked at it, picking up a heavy polka dot rectangle bag. "What is it?" 

"It's a hot pack." He ran a hand through his hair. "I read on the internet that you could get back, hip and muscle pain as a side effect after the transplant so...I got one for you to soothe the pain." 

Nessa's eyes met with his, her cheeks burning and her heart soaring. She looked down at the hot pack and smiled. "Thanks." 

"It's a thank you gift." He explained, taking it from her hands and putting it back into the plastic bag.