Get Over It

Hey guys! I just want to thank you all for reading my story, I cannot be more excited that you guys are reading, even though I don't have thousands of reads, votes and comments I'm still so grateful for what I have now! LOL that's all. And I'm sorry for not updating for a while, school has been poop and it's only going to get more horrible since I'm graduating high school next month! (fun fact) Ya'll the bomb! xoxo

I also want to give a big thank you to rebecca0105 for making the story cover!

***

"Evangeline?" Eric's mind was filled with all the memories and feelings they shared when they were together. His eyes were wide as he looked at the girl he once loved 2 years ago.

She looked at him the same way with surprise. "H-how are you?"

He continued to stare at her, moving close to her. "I'm doing fine. How about you?"

"I'm good." She looked up at him and gave him a sad smile. "Where have you been?"

Nessa cocked an eyebrow as she watched Eric and this mystery girl talk, a sad smile on both their faces. They were talking closely together like the concept of personal space didn't exist to them. Nessa was couple feet away from them, her hands typing aimlessly on her phone, so it didn't look like she was just staring at them. Nessa watched Eric as he look down at the mystery girl, the way his hands were stuffed nervously into his jean pockets and how he ran his fingers through his dark hair. Something was very fishy.

"How's you mother?" Evangeline asked.

Eric frowned and chewed on his bottom lip. "She's okay."

She nodded, looking away. Eric looked at her hopefully, he didn't know why she was here but she was and that's all that mattered to him. Before he could think he quickly wrapped his arms around her, she reluctantly hugged him back.

"It's so great to see you, Evangeline." He told her in a hush tone.

"Y-yeah, it's good to see you too."

"Honey, they're ready to show us the room." A voice said, coming up to Evangeline and Eric.

She quickly pulled away and stood beside a brown haired guy that had light blue eyes and a happy smile on his face as he looked at Evangeline with such admiration. Eric stared at them stunned and hurt, he looked as they both stared into each other's eyes like they were on top of the world. He couldn't believe what he was witnessing, Evangeline moved on.

Nessa's eyes grew big while quiet giggles left her mouth as she saw a guy run up to the mystery girl with Eric looking crushed as ever.

"Oh! I didn't see you there." The guy said, looking at Eric. "I'm Derrick." He brought his hand out.

Eric looked down at the hand and shook it hard. "I'm Eric." He looked over at Evangeline. "Are you the fiance?"

Evangeline frowned as he said this, feeling extremely guilty about the situation.

"Yes, I'm the lucky guy." He answered joyfully, taking his hand out from Eric's grip. "Where's your fiance?"

"Derrick, you can't just assume he's getting married." Evangeline held onto Derrick's arm and glanced over at Eric.

Nessa rolled her eyes as she listened to their conversation, knowing that she had to save Eric from an embarrassing situation, she walked up to them and slipped her hand into Eric's. "Hey babe, the place is gorgeous." She looked up at him and smiled.