Ch 20 - Trees

After a full day of walking a running through the large forest, we finally found the tree I had told Nina to go to. It was a tall, beautiful birch tree. The only one in the whole forest. It was at the opening of a huge flower field, so if you had passed it you would easily notice. As soon as we got there I had expected to see her. But she was no were to be seen. Either something had happened or she had gotten lost. We would have run into her if she was still on the right path.

"She's probably lost Lei, don't worry. We'll find her." Crystal soothed. I looked up to the top of the birch tree I was leaning against. If only I could climb up it.

Ever since I was a little kid I had only ever climbed up one tree. And that was barely five feet off the ground. I ended up terrified and stuck in a baby tree for two hours. My best friend had to bribe me to try to come down. I ended up falling and braking my pinkie finger. Ever since I've hated trees and heights. 

"Can you climb a tree?" I asked Crystal out of the blue. She looked confused for a moment then looked up at the birch tree.

"Maybe not this one, but I can try one of the trees with more branches." She said pointing out how scrawny the branches of the tree was. I looked around and finally studied a tree not so far from were the boys were setting up their small green tent. I looked at Crystal and pointed to the tree. A large mischievous grin formed.

"Perfect." She mumbled waling towards it slyly. "Distract them, I'll go up and see if I can spot anything." She gestured to El, Casey and Tad. All of whom could be mad if they found out at the wrong time. I nodded at her and walked around them and drew attention away from Crystal.

"So when are you guys gonna set up our tent?" I asked them. They all looked up from putting the poles in the sockets of the small tent.

"What?" Casey asked simply.

"Well you guys are me and Crystals boyfriends so you obviously should at least help us, and El is kinda in charge so he has to help with everything. It would be easier if you guys just did it by yourself's." I taunted as Crystal got higher and higher up in the tree. The three of them exchanged glances, they could talk silently almost as well as Crystal and I could. Finally they all were nodding.

"Fine." Tad said as they returned to work. By now Crystal had been disappeared up in the top of the tree's branches for a full minute. She must be coming down by now.

"Wait seriously?" I asked them, I was mostly joking with them for their attention, but I suppose I made some good points.

"Yeah it's no problem. Hey were is Crystal?" He asked finally looking around. I thought quickly.

"She had to pee. She umm, went into the woods to pee?" I said quickly drawing their attention back from looking behind them were Crystal was down descending. He nodded after taking my answer into consideration. I breathed a silent sigh of relief. Crystal was nearly down, in moments we could know exactly were Nina was.

I looked back from the tree and looked into the field behind me. There were beautiful reds, yellows, blues, and pinks bursting up from the ground.  Nina would love picking flowers here again.

Suddenly a large thud hit the ground, shakeup me back into reality. I wiped back around to see Crystal laying on the ground on top of her right arm. Casey and Tad jumped up and ran over to her. Casey wiped off his jacket imminently for a cast. Crystal sat back up and wiped the dirt off her front with her left hand. When she tried to move her right ones he flinched in pain. She had broken it. Anyone could see that easily. I ran over to join them.