Ch 12 - No Goodbyes

We sat on the rock El had a brake down by, the warm breeze played with my hair, occasionally sending a part of it into Tads way. He laughed every time it did, brushing it away a few moments later. We stared up at the darkened sky there were faded stars started to form on the orange backdrop. I looked over at Tad, only to find him already looking at me. I smiled and liked down trying to hide a blush. He did the same. I hoped I was more successful.

"Hey Lei?" He said, looking back up at me agin. He waited a moment. Starring at my eyes before he continued. "I like you. Let me just say that." He said, voice full of hope. My eyes widened.

"Like... As what?" I asked cautiously.

"I like, like you. I would ask you to be my girlfriend but... With all this going on." He tried to explain. I looked down at the rock and studied it's gray surface.

"I do too. Like you that is. But I don't care what's going on around us." I said still looking at the rock.

"All I care about is your safety and I'm scared that I can't protect you from it all. So I'm sorry, in advance..." He took his turn studying the rock again. I pushed my hand next to his to lean over to see him clearer in the darkening light.

"You can protect me just fine, but so can I, okay?" I said trying to cheer him up agin. "Besides, were total badasses. We've got this." Finally he smiles a bit and his shoulders shook from a bit of laughter brewing inside of him. He looked up at me, starring into my eyes again just like the last time I couldn't breath from his eyes; his magic still worked that was for sure.

"I hate to say it, but we better get back inside. I can't have my girlfriend trip and get hurt on something in the dark. Now that would be embarrassing." He laughed out, pushing off the rock and onto his feet. He held out a hand to me, secretly smiling, I grabbed and followed him down the rock and into the house.