Ch 14 - Fear

I stared at the tip of the gun, still shocked to see Angel. My hand was still on the handle of the door, seemingly stuck to it with a mix of fear and anger. My mouth went dry as the girl on the left cackled.

"Who else is here?" Angel asked narrowing her eyes and looking around behind me.

"No one. The last one of them got bitten, I left them behind. They're all gone." I summoned the best of my acting, hoping to buy more time. Angel scoffed.

"Of course you would. You leave everyone don't you? That is unless they leave you first." She snickered. Her backup followed her and laughed just as annoyingly. I pretended not to want to hit her. In the distance I saw something move. With any luck it wouldn't just be a deer. But when has luck been on anyone's side?

I tried to calm down, it failed. I took my hand off the door knob and put them both half way up, "I don't want any trouble, I don't have anything for you Angel." I said strongly. She laughed again and took a step inside.

"Maybe you should have thought about that before you read that letter." She exclaimed walking further into the house. She jabbed the point of her gun towards me. I must have looked as confused as I was because she continued, "Sixth grade? The letter I wrote to my boyfriend?" She sighed "I was going to marry that Kyle, I'm still deeply in love with him, he'll take me back. I know it. He never would have left me if it weren't for you." She returned to reality somewhat and backed me up to the back of the couch, gun set just below my neck.

"Your still mad about sixth grade? Angel, that was almost four years ago. I was just a kid." I defended. "Besides, he's probably dead by now, nearly everyo- " she cut me off by jabbing me in the chest with the end of her gun. She grabbed my arm harshly with her other hand and shoved me backwards.

"Do not say that! He isn't! And I'll find him! I will. He's out there still!" She screamed. I had the sudden urge to cover my ears as she screamed louder and louder, no words came out, but tears streamed from her eyes like a water slide turning onto high power.

I pressed up against the couch, sliding it slightly. I ignored the throbbing pain in my lower arm from were Angel had squeezed it and once again tried desperately to come up with a plan. Who knows when she'll decide it's time for revenge and finally use that gun for something other than a threat?

The smaller girl on the left stepped forward towards Angel who was now stomping the ground with her feet trying to scream something about nothing being fair. Behind the screams I heard something creek. I looked back to the porch quickly, were a shadow disappeared just as quick. In an instant I knew who it was. I was overrun with terror and worry. I looked back to the small bundle of Angel and the other girl. The other girls shirt was already wet with Angels many tears.

Angel screamed loud enough to cover up the other girls small shriek. A large, silhouetted figure appeared in the doorway, it looked over my way and motioned to move away from them. He took three lumbering steps over to the girls who still hadn't noticed him. The other girl's weapon had been tossed aside when trying to help Angel, however Angel's gun was still gripped tightly in her hand.

"Drop it." El's voice boomed, shutting them up and stopping their movement. Their jaws went slack as they stared up at the apparent giant standing before them. El was big, but he deffienetly knew how to make himself look bigger. Angel looked like she wanted to say something, but soon just closed her mouth and tossed the gun to El's feet. El picked it up, pleased his plan had worked.

"Were's Rachel?" The girl asked about the other girl, just now noticing her disappearance. Tad walked around the corner, Rachel's gun in his hand, a tied up Rachel in the other. Her hands were tied behind her back with a small rope, she looked half terrified. The other half looked as if she had been expecting it sooner or later.

El motioned for the other girl to stand, he pulled rope down from his shoulder. The girl stood and turned around with her hands behind her back, she shook harder than an earthquake.

"Don't worry, it's only for precautionary measures. We won't hurt you unless you try something stupid." El said, attempting to calm them down. Once finished, he motioned for Angel to come up from the floor.

"I know my rights! You can't do this. The government says you can't! It's illegal!" Angel shouted up at El. El rolled his eyes, Tad was holding back laughter.

"So which government will you be going to little missy? Which rights does anyone have anymore? That's what I thought." He said, sending shock and realization into Angel's eyes.