"I don't understand, at all. I'm taking you down to the station, I have to. Whether you choose to speak or not, that's up to you, but I hope you make the right decision." He walked away, heading to the door. I had no choice but to follow.

When we exited the house, there were three reporters waiting to get the story. I ignored all of there questions and dismissed their presence as I hopped into the vehicle. I wasn't ready to talk to the cops and keep all I formation from them, but it was now or never.

By the time we made it to the station and I was finally situated in the interrogation room, over an hour had passed. When I arrived at the building, there were a few people with cameras and notepads, presumably more people for the news companies. I still refused to say anything. The inside of the station was just as buzzing at my presence, all of the cops seemingly excited and irrigated to see me walk through the door. I supposed that after over three months of hard work and searching, they were happy and relieved to see me back alive. I still kept in mind, however, that they were going to give up on looking for me. That fact made me feel a little less guilty when it came time to answer questions and I didn't cooperate.

"Hello, Miss Taylor. How are you?" I was startled by the voice of a police officer as he walked through the door. I had been sitting in silence with my thoughts and I hadn't been expecting his arrival.

"I'm fine," I mumbled. I was rather intimidated by his presence considering the circumstances.

"That's great to hear. I'm Officer McCain, but please, call me Jake." He reached over and took my hand, giving it a light shake. I sent him a small smile, unsure of what else to do.

After several moments of silence as we sat there staring at each other, I began to feel even more anxious. I knew that other officers, the boss, and my brother were all stood on the other side of the glass, watching us. I couldn't see them, but I knew hey could see me, and that made me nervous beyond belief.

"I just want to start off by saying that myself, along with the rest of the department, are happy to see you back safe," He finally spoke with a smile on his face.

"Thank you."

"Now, let's begin, yeah?" He suggested, shuffling his papers around as he grabbed his pen, preparing to write down whatever I had to say. I didn't know what to say. I wasn't planning on saying anything.

"We have reason to believe, as we have been telling everyone these past three months, that the serial killer was your kidnapper. All traces of evidence and a prior statement from your brother, Alex, have confirmed this suspicion. Is there anything you would like to add to that?" He tilted his head to the side, an eyebrow raised. He was making me feel more like a suspect rather than the victim.

"No." I simply shook my head.

"Alright. Can you tell me, in as much detail as you can, what happened the night of your abduction?" He tried again, being as patient as his job required.

"It was a long while ago, I don't remember much," I stated.

"Can you tell me the parts you do remember?"

"I was in my home, alone, and the power went out. Then, I was taken. That's all I remember," I lied through my teeth. It was obvious I was withholding information, I just hoped I wouldn't get into trouble for that.

"Can you describe any of the events that took place while you were held hostage?" He was writing things on his note pad, what I wasn't sure. It couldn't have been anything very useful, as I wasn't really saying much.

"I'd rather not talk about it," I mumbled, trying to come off as hurt and embarrassed as possible. I needed to display myself in a way that would stop his questioning.