IX. Repair

Lily's POV:

"So, then Rylan made some stupid ass remark about us having sex and next thing I knew, Justin was beating the shit out of him," I finished up the story, and Fredo just sat there wide eyed.

"Wait....did you really have sex with him..." he asked awkwardly.

"No, never. He always tried but it didn't feel right," I said embarrassed, looking down at the floor.

"That's my girl!" Fredo tackled me in a hug

"Get off me, loser!" I laughed and he did too.

"Loser? I got swag, girl," he popped the collar of his shirt and I rolled my eyes.

"You've been hanging out with Justin way too much," we both laughed.

"Alright well, let's get this kid to a hospital," he sighed and picked Dylan up, slinging him over his shoulder with ease.

-

"So, how did all of this happen again?" The doctor asked, looking up from under his glasses.

"Rylan got really drunk, and fell down the stairs," I lied, and Fredo just nodded. I'd never rat out Justin, especially considering the press would eat it up, and he's already had a bad light shone on him.

"Alright, well we'll take care of it and contact Mr. O'Brien's loved ones. Thanks for bringing him in," he smiled and Fredo and I were on our way.

"We should go talk to Justin," Fredo said as we got in the car.

"I don't know...he seemed really pissed," I said as I stared at each rain droplet hit the car window.

"But we know that Justin's really stubborn and he'll stay mad forever if you don't go talk to him," Fredo had a point.

"Since when are you so insightful?" I joked

"Since birth," he scoffed and I laughed.

"Whatever you say Dr. Phil," I rolled my eyes and he gasped offendedly.

-

Justin's POV:

As soon as I got home, I started editing a song I had written and recorded when Lily and I first broke up. It was calling "Nothing Like Us," and I thought that since I couldn't get her off my mind I might as well edit the song. I made some minor adjustments to the pitch and overall tone, when I heard the door open. I figured it was probably Twist, considering he was always here.

"JB?" I heard Fredo's voice yell.

"In here," I yelled, and turned off my music. Everytime I needed to escape reality I would either drink or produce music. Those were my outlets, but ever since Fredo said I was disappointing my fans, I was trying to make more music instead of drink.

"Hey, you got a visitor," he said and I turned around in my chair to find Lily standing with him. I was shocked and kind of happy she was here, but I obviously couldn't let her know that. 

"Hi," I mumbled and turned back around to the editing station.

"Jay," I felt her warm touch on my shoulder. I looked up at her.

"Can we please talk?" she said sweetly, and I could see the guilt in her eyes so I couldn't help but give in.

"Ight, let's go to my room," I sighed and got up, running up the stairs.

"So what's up?" I laid on my bed, and lit up a cigarette.

"I wanted to fix things, you seem mad at me," she said as she sat next to me.

"I don't like hearing about the guys you've fucked," I mumbled as I took another drag.

"Okay, first of all, I didn't fuck him. Second of all, I had to hear about you hooking up with other girls every for six months on the news. And third of all, even if I did fuck him, I have no control over what comes out of his mouth!" She explained. She was standing up but she was so small it was kind of funny when she yelled at me. 

"You could've changed the channel. And that doesn't explain why he was in your house." I knew I was being an asshole, but I couldn't help it because I was pissed. 

"I didn't have a boyfriend when I was talking to Rylan! I can have whoever I want in my house! Why the hell are you so jealous? We're just friends, Justin!" She yelled, and she was clearly getting more upset. Did she really have to add the just friends part? Fuck. 

"You really wanna know why I get so fucking pissed? Because I still love you, Lily! I still think of you as being mine! I don't want some asshole to fucking hurt you like I did. You don't deserve that shit," I started by yelling but got quieter as I said the last part, almost as if I was saying it to myself. Lily had a good ass heart, and I guess I was so upset because I fucked her over. 

She said quiet for a few minutes before sitting down next to me. She looked in my eyes. 

"I know you aren't going to forgive yourself for what you did. But I want you to know that I forgive you. And I'd love to work on our friendship, before anything else progresses. Plus, we haven't addressed the partying and the drinking and the drugs. When are you going to have that talk with me, by the way?" She looked up at me and her eyes were a dark shade of green. They were always like that when she was sad. 

"I was driving over to talk to you about it," I looked down at my feet. 

"Seriously?!" She sounded excited, which made me chuckle a little bit. 

"Yup, seriously." 

"Okay, well, let's talk!" She shifted to be facing toward me.