I. Downhill

Lily's POV:

My name's Lily Bianchini. I'm 20 years old, and I'm from Northern California. I'm currently residing in Malibu though. I come from a long line of doctors. My parents and grandparents are all doctors, and my older sister is going to UCLA to be one as well. Which kind of made me the odd one out. My passion for music was something that I'd had since I was able to hear. While my mom and my sister were literally like my two bestfriends, my dad never really supported my music career. I sadly couldn't sing for shit, but I knew good music when I heard it. That's why I went to school to be a music producer. My dad was never really around anyway because of work but when he was, he made his opinions about my work very clear. All in all, I have a close family though. Anyway, I've been an intern at the biggest music firm in Los Angeles for three years. That's where I met my ex boyfriend. You may know him as Justin Bieber, but that's a whole different story.

I finished the last curl of my long light brown hair, and put on some light makeup. I tried on a white romper, which made my tan pop. Tanning wasn't really an issue because I'm full Italian. My grandparents are from Italy, and both my parents are fluent in Italian. White also made my green eyes pop for some reason. I put on some gold accessories and slipped on some cute strappy sandals as I grabbed my keys and walked out the door. My family was having Sunday dinner at my grandparents house, which was common in most Italian families.

-

"Hi, momma!" I kissed her on the cheek as I walked in the door; she got here a couple hours before me to help cook. I had been so busy at the studio lately that I hadn't seen any of my family in awhile.

"Need any help in here?" I asked as she put something in the oven.

"Nope, I'm just about finished up. Your cousins are in the den watching TV if you wanna go say hi to them," she smiled and I nodded. I walked over to the den, and Isabella looked over at me. She basically flew over to the remote and shut off whatever she was watching.

"Izzy..." I raised an eyebrow at her, and she ran over to me.

"Oh my God, hi! I miss you so much, babes!" she hugged me and I hugged back. She was like my sister, and I knew something was up.

"What were you watching?" she avoided my gaze.

"Nothing!" she said quickly, while my two other cousins were sitting on the couch watching us. I just rolled my eyes at her and sat down.

"Hey guys," I smiled and we said our hellos. Izzy went to grab the remote but I got to it first, and flipped back on the TV.

"Lily I -" she continued but I shushed her as I saw that familiar face appear on the screen.

"Justin Bieber caught smoking weed, and bringing girls home again. Looks like this break up has been crucial to the super star," an announcer spoke and my heart dropped as the image of him popped up on the TV screen. He looked so drugged up, but behind all that I could see the Justin I once knew and loved. I sighed, and the whole room was quiet. I quickly turned off the TV.

"Dinners ready!" I heard my mom call, and we all immediately got up to go eat; avoiding the awkward silence filling the room.

-

"Lils? Hellllooo?" Izzy snapped her fingers in front of my face.

"Huh? Oh, sorry," I looked down and poked at my green beans.

"What's gotten into you?" she said quietly so none of the rest of the family, who were sitting at the table with us, would hear.

"Nothing," I lied. Ever since I saw Justin I couldn't get him off my mind. That was so not like him. He didn't even look the same. He looked so distant, even though he was physically right there, you could tell his mind was in a different place. I guess a picture really is worth a thousand words.

I pulled out my phone and shot Alfredo, who was a close friend of mine and Justin's bestfriend, a text.

"Hey! I miss you!" I quickly typed out and pressed send. I almost immediately got a text back.

"I miss u, Lils. We need to kick it," the text read and I smiled. Fredo and I were always really close friends, but obviously had a little bit of a falling out when Justin and I broke up.

"Are you in LA?" I quickly texted back.

"Ya, u?" he replied.

"Yep, come over tomorrow."

"Which house?"

"My mom's," I replied.

"Damn, you aren't livin in the house JB bought?"

I sighed as I read the text. "Long story, tell you all about it tomorrow!"

Justin had bought us a house and when we broke up, he gave it to me. I told him I didn't want it, but he absolutely refused. I was going to sell it but Justin told me that if I did that he'd never forgive me, so I just kept it. I couldn't stand to live in it considering all the memories that flooded that place.

Alfredo's POV:

My phone rang, and the text read "Long story, tell you all about it tomorrow!" I smiled and typed a quick "See u there," as I locked my phone.

"Who the fuck is lover boy texting?" Justin came stumbling over to me, laughing.

"No one, dude. Are you already smashed? It's only 7," I said, shaking my head in disbelief.

"Don't worry about me, bro. Take a shot!" Justin slurred his words.

"I am worried about you. I mean, look at you, Jay," I was getting so irritated. Justin has been my bestfriend for years and I loved the kid, but he partied every single night. I don't remember the last time I saw him sober.

"I know, I'm sexy," he laughed and stood up, leaving the room.

I just shook my head. This was getting way too out of control and I knew the only person that could fix it - Lily.