II. Rekindle

Lily's POV:

The next day

I walked into my bathroom and flipped on my curling iron. I grabbed my phone off the counter and scrolled through my playlist. I decided some SchoolBoy Q fit my mood. I heard the music playing from the speakers that were in my ceiling all around the house. I nodded my head to the beat as I made my way to my closet. I walked in and grabbed a pair of ripped jean shorts, a strappy bandeau, and a loose tank top. I paired it with a cute long necklace, and went back into the bathroom. In the middle of curling my hair, I heard my phone ring, interrupting my music. I sighed until I looked down and saw my bestfriend Blair's name pop up.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Hey girly, what's up?" she asked excitedly which made me smile.

"I'm hanging out with Fredo today! Why, what's going on?" I asked, curiously.

"You're hanging...out...with...Alfredo? Alfredo Flores? Your ex boyfriend's bestfriend?" Blair asked in an 'are you serious' tone. I rolled my eyes.

"Ew, B! Not like that. He was one of my bestfriends at one point, you know," I said, as I put her on speaker and continued curling my hair.

"Yeah, okay. Just be careful Justin doesn't find out," she said and I once again rolled my eyes.

"He doesn't own me," I said, kind of annoyed.

"I know, Lils. But you know he'd freak out!" she had a point.

"Okay, well Fredo will be here any minute now. I'll text you, love you bye!" I yelled as I hung up. Blair was right, if Justin ever found out that Fredo and I hung out, he'd go crazy. He's always been insanely jealous, especially when it came to Alfredo. He was convinced he had a thing for me, which is ridiculous. I sighed, and looked in the mirror. I gave myself a reassuring smile as I heard a car in the drive way. I ran down the stairs and opened the door.

"Fredo!!!!" I yelled and ran towards him, he looked just as excited and embraced me in a big hug.

"Lils! I miss you!!!" he said as we pulled away. I really did love Alfredo, he was always there for me.

"I miss you! Where've you been?" I asked, as we walked in the house.

"On tour, man. It's been crazy," he chuckled and then I remembered that he was on the Believe tour with Justin.

"Oh yeah. How was it?" I asked, partly because I cared and partly because I was nosy and wanted to know what Justin had been up to.

"Incredible. But we've been back for around two months and things just went downhill," Fredo sighed as he sat on the couch. I sat next to him.

"What do you mean?" I asked. I knew what he meant, but I wanted him to tell me.

"You know what I mean, Lil. It's been all over the news," Fredo looked down, took off his snapback, ran his fingers through his hair and then put it on again. Guys always did that when they were sad or nervous for some reason.

"Justin's drinking binge, huh?" I knew the answer. I matched Fredo's gaze at the floor.

"Yup," he replied, still looking down.

"What happened to him?" I said, and I was genuinely interested to know.

"The breakup, Lils. I'm not saying it was your fault, but without you, he's nothing," as soon as Fredo said those words, my stomach dropped. I hadn't talked to Justin in six months. For the first two months, my life was hell without him. But I figured he didn't want me back so every time someone tried talking to me about it, I pushed them away. This was the first time in six months I talked to anyone about Justin. I took a deep breath, and tried to pull myself together.

"It's my fault," I sighed as I ran my fingers through my long golden brown hair.

"C'mon Lil, no it isn't. We all know he fucked up pretty bad with you," Fredo wrapped his arm around my shoulders.

"Because of me though," I looked at him.

"No. You broke up because of him. He cheated on you," the words fell through the air like knifes and it immediately brought back all the emotions I'd be holding in for so long. I winced slightly at the pain in my stomach. I took another deep breath, and tried to pull it together. This was not the place or time for a break down. I hadn't seen Alfredo in half a year.

"I need to fix this, I left him. I left him alone to deal with all of this and he turned to drinking and drugs," I looked away. It hurt knowing someone you once loved was going down the wrong road.

"You really need to talk to him. You're the only person that means shit to him," I nodded as I listened to Fredo's words.

"Take me to him," I said plainly and Fredo looked shocked.

"What?" he said, astonished.

"Take me to see Justin," I repeated myself and he raised an eyebrow, questioning if this was a good idea or not.

"Yes, I'm sure," I already knew what he was going to ask. He nodded, grabbed his keys and opended the door for me.

This was it. I was going to see Justin for the first time in half a year.