IV. Want

Later That Night

Justin's POV:

"You're coming home with me tonight," I slurred my words into some random blonde's ear. Of course she agreed, and we got in my car. I knew Lily was back at my place, but that was the entire reason for bringing the girl home. I wanted to see if Lil would get jealous, I wanted to see if she still wanted me.

The girl talked my ear off on the way to my house, and I gave her short replies signaling for her to shut up. I didn't ask her name, because I really didn't care. We pulled up to my house, and I opened my door. I got out, and unlocked the front door, immediately looking for Lily.

"Lil?" I yelled out, and there was no response. I sighed and rubbed my eyes. Did she really already give up on me?

"Who's Lily?" the girl asked as she twirled her hair and looked around. I rolled my eyes.

"Change of plans. Leave," I said simply, and the girl looked confused.

"Excuse me?" She crossed her arms.

"Are you confused? Let me help you - Get out," I growled, I was too drunk to care if I hurt anyone's feelings.

"You're a fucking dick!" she yelled and I rolled my eyes, locking the door as she left. It wasn't like that was the first time I've been called that. I ran upstairs and got in bed. I rubbed my eyes and checked my phone from any missed messages from Lily. I rubbed my eyes, and threw my phone. Sighing, I decided to not give  a fuck if Lily left. It wouldn't be the first time. 

Lily's POV -

I got home, and received a text from Rylan.

"Hey babe, what's up?" We sort of had a thing, but I couldn't get my mind off Justin. I sighed, and didn't reply to the text as I laid on my bed. I didn't want to give up on Justin just yet. I know he kept pushing me away, but if I let that stop me, we would never get anywhere. I wanted to bring the real Justin back, not this character he was playing. I turned on one of Justin's songs, and slowly drifted to sleep.

The Next Morning

Justin's POV:

"Ugghhh," I groaned as the sun light shined in my eyes, waking me up. I squinted, and saw Lily standing there. "What the fuck?" I said, referring to why she opened the blinds.

"Goodmorning to you too," she said, crossing her arms. I pulled the pillow back over my head and groaned again.

"Get up!" she said, throwing a pillow at me.

"Do you know how bad my hangover is right now?" I looked at her.

"And who's fault is that?" she said, causing me to roll my eyes.

"It's 10, Bieber! Get your ass up before I get the water," she joked.

"You can either come lay down with me, or go downstairs and let me sleep," I said, leaning up on my elbows and squinting due to the sun.

"I'm not going downstairs!," she scoffed.

"Okay, fine," I said as I pulled the blankets next to me back, and patted the bed, signaling for her to lay down.

"No!" she protested, and I sighed.

"Ight, you know where the door is," I said, laying back down and pulling the pillow over my face.

"You are fucking impossible," she mumbled as she sat down on the bed. I turned around, facing her and smiled. Alright, so maybe I did give a fuck that she didn't give up yet.

"What are you smiling about? I only listened to you so you'd shut up," she joked as she hit me with a pillow.

"We all know you want me," I winked at her, and she laughed cutely.

"You wish," she scoffed, and I laughed too now. We sat there smiling for a minute.

"So, can we have that talk now?" she broke the comfortable silence and I sighed.

"Nope," I said, turning so my back was toward her.

"Why!" she protested.

"Because Lily, I don't want to talk about that," Truth is, I knew I'd break down if I talked to her about our relationship. She was the best thing in my life, and after I lost her I didn't care about anyone, not even myself. Which is why I turned to drinking and drugs, it was my escape.

"We have to at some point," she said and I could hear the frown in her voice.

"Cuddle with me, and we'll talk," I turned back around and smirked at her, lightening the mood.

"Justin, stop being ridiculous," she laughed.

"Come here baby, gimmie a kiss," I said jokingly, and she screamed and giggled, pushing me away.

"Justin!" she was still laughing, and I laughed too.

"Since you aren't leaving, and you woke me up, what do you say to grabbing some breakfast with me?" I smiled, and she immediately blushed.

"I'd really like that, Jay," she turned her head toward me and smiled. Damn, I did miss that smile.

After half a year, I was finally going on a date with Lily again. For the first time in six months, something in my life actually felt normal and comfortable.