Chapter Eight

'After the storm comes a rainbow'

{Rin's POV }

"That's the last of em," Inuyasha said putting the last box in the truck.

"Thanks again Inuyasha for helping us out," Kagome says.

"Is that the last of ye things?" Kaede asks standing next to Inuyasha.

"Yup we're all ready to go," Sango says cheerfully. I stand facing away from everyone. I'm looking at the house that we've been tortured in for so long. To think we're actually moving out and going to start a new life together. Well at least my sisters will.

I slowly start to sigh thinking about yesterday's events.

《FLASHBACK 》

My mother. The woman who brought me into this world. The one who I thought was an Angel betrayed me. She sold me off to some mafia star. Why? Why did she do it? Uncontrollable sobs escape me but, are muffled by Sesshomaru' s chest. I feel his hand on my shoulders and he lifts my head up.

"Rin," he says softly. I can see the guilt in his eyes. I look in his eyes and let go of him and face everyone. Looks like Daryl and Heaven made an escape.

"Listen," Totosai says pulling me out of my thoughts," now that this information is finally known there is no way to reverse it considering the ones who made it are both dead." I nod my head at Totosai ' s words.

"Then what am I going to do?" I ask. Everyone looks at eachother anxious not knowing what to say.

"Live with me." My eyes grow wide and I face Sesshomaru.

"What?" He looks at me straight in my eyes.

"Rin's going to come with us she needs her family." Sango interrupts.

"I have many enemies," he starts. "If someone finds out that you belong to me there is nothing anyone can do."

"You're saying that you'll protect me?" I look up at him with pleading eyes and he nods.

"I don't like it we don't even know you." Kagome says rudely. My nose scrunches up and I spit at my sisters.

"You guys might not like this well neither do I but, guess what we have to deal with it and ever since I've met Sesshomaru all he's done is help me. I know I'll be safe with him." My sisters look at eachother then at me.

"If you trust him...then we do to," Sango said. A small smile comes onto my face but is slowly replaced with a light blush. I'm going to live with Sesshomaru?

《END OF FLASHBACK 》

Daryl and Heaven haven't been seen since yesterday. Which I'm very grateful for its made everything smoother. Sango found a small two bedroom apartment for her and Kagome. Which I've been told is not to far away from Kaede's place. As for me well Sesshomaru had all my things moved to his place. He says the sooner I go to live with him the better. I just can't help that every time I think about being in the same place as him I get goosebumps. The good kind.

"Hello? Are you in there?" Kagome scolds me.

"Oh I'm sorry what were you saying."

"I swear Rin sometimes your such an airhead." She shakes her head then hands me a papper with two phone numbers on it. "Here I said if you are in trouble or need anything this is mine and Sango's number. We gave you the address and everything so you know where to find us okay?" I nod my head. "Good. Now give me a hug." I giggle softly and hug Kagome.

"Don't worry I'll call you tonight and the three of is will get some coffee," I said reassuring her.

"You better," Sango interrupts.