Sally Jackson

Finally, my baby was coming home. It's been two weeks since I've seen him last and I have been worried sick. After the war I saw his sign and knew he was safe, but I couldn't see him. Chiron informed me that he went back to camp and would be home at the end of the summer.

"Ouch" I pulled my hand back from the scolding hot sheet of blue cookies.

Then I heard a knock on the door and it squeaked open.

"Mom?" I heard Percy's voice call from the living room.

"I'm in hear sweetie" I called and Percy's smiling face popped through the doorway to the kitchen. He looked so different, more grown up. He had scars running up and down his body and he looked terrible, but I could still see the glint of happiness in his eyes and that's all that matters. He looked taller too, more tan and muscular.

"Hey, Mom" he smiled even bigger and stole a cookie, not even phased by how hot they were.

"Hi, Percy, how was the last few weeks at camp?" I sat down at the table and was surprised he didn't sit next to me.

"Actually, Mom?" he took a deep breath and I nodded "there's something I need to tell you" he bit his lip.

"Perseus Jackson, what is going on?" I stood up, looking in his eyes for something.

"Wow, mom chill, you'll like it, trust me" he smiled and I relaxed, sitting back down.

"What is it" I really hope it's not another giant black dog again, but who know? Maybe it could be a girl, nah.

Percy left the room for a moment then came back with.....Annabeth? What she doing here?What's going on? This what I think it is? Is it?

"Mom, I would like you to meet my new girlfriend" Percy smiled and took Annabeth's hand. She smiled and looked up at him. He kissed her on the forehead and my heart burst open. I have been waiting for this day for a very long time.

"Girlfriend?" I was so shocked that I barely had time to process it all. He just nodded and half smiled anxiously. "Annabeth?" she looked up horror struck.

"Y-yes Sally?" her hand was obviously shaking and Percy held it extra tight.

"Come here"

"OK"

She slowly walked over to me. I have never seen her so scared before. Normally she was so strong. When she got over to me, took her hand firmly and looked into her eye.

"Annabeth, thank you so much for everything you have done to Percy and this family. I just want you to know that there is no one else in the world I rather see Percy with and I hope this will last a long time" I pulled her into a hug. She was tense at first, but then she relaxed and hugged me back.

"Thanks Sally, you have no idea how much that means to me" she smiled and grabbed Percy's hand again. He was so shocked that the blue cookie fell right out of his mouth.

"Man, I have the best mother in the entire world"

"And don't you forget it" I hugged them both.

"What did I miss" I saw Paul standing in the doorway.

"oh nothing much, you remember Annabeth right?" I smiled cheekily.

"Well, of course, always a pleasure" he grinned "ah Percy, it's great to have you back"

"Thanks Paul" he smirked and pulled Annabeth out of the kitchen into the living room"

Paul turned to back and eyed me suspiciously.

"Sally? What's really going on?" he frowned.

"Just peek in the other room" I walked over and saw Percy leaning in to kiss Annabeth. He brushed away a strand of hair from her face and she smiled.

"Sally, what is that?" Paul asked watching from behind me.

"SHH.... " I said as Percy leaned in and put his lips to hers. Within seconds, Annabeth was running her hand through Percy's hair and Percy had his hands on her back.

"Sally?" Paul looked so confused.

"Over the last two weeks Percy and Annabeth started dating and they look really happy" I looked back a my 16 year old son kiss his beautiful girlfriend.

"Well, it's about time" Paul exclaimed "he's been rambling about her since.... forever" he joked.

"I heard that!!!" Percy called from the living room, where Annabeth was snuggled up to him as he looked for a movie on TV. He is such a dork. But I love him, and it looks like Annabeth does too.

I'm sorry if this was a little short. But please don't steal my idea's. I mean I don't care if you use my work as inspiration or something, just don't copy it. This is my first time writing on hear so don't leave nasty comments or anything.