chapter fourteen: push up bras, twins and gazebos

Aspen's POV

I sit staring at my closet, the position I have been in for the past half hour. Nothing. Nothing in my closet was good enough to show up in to Ella's party. I hear a honk outside my window, assuming it's Ethan I run down my stairs and open my door to greet him.

"Hey." I say while leaning against the doorframe as he steps out his car. He grins happily at me as he pecks my cheek.

"I got you something." Ethan says, heading to the back of his car. He pulls out a rectangular shape cloth bag with a large Chanel label on it. "Open it inside." Ethan grabs my hand, dragging me back inside. I feel my insides bubble with excitement. I throw myself on my bed, carefully peeling the bag away and opening the large box. Inside laid a classy cream coloured dress. Perfect for tonight.

"Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Oh my god it's perfect for me." I squeal. "You're perfect for me too!" I added, smiling at him. He blinks at me, staring at me awkwardly before clearing his throat.

"Should we head out now?" Ethan suggests.

Ethan stops in front of the house. I turn and look at him confused. "I thought we were going out to dinner first?" I look at the guests flooding in the door. "And none of the girls are wearing classy dresses."

"I never said you had to wear it tonight." He rolled his eyes. "Plus can't you just eat something at Ella's? I'm sure she has some chips lying around or something." Ethan parks his Ranger Rover, heads to the passenger side and opens the door for me. Like usual. I step out of the car, and smooth out the wrinkles on my dress. I feel it slip down ever so slightly by my chest area. After moments of staring down at my dress I finally notice the problem. I don't fill it out. Even though I'm wearing a pushup.

"Ethan? I think you got the wrong size." I glance up, only to then notice he left me behind and already entered the doors. I run up to him, as fast as I can in my heels. I grab his arm to get his attention. I pull my dress up from my chest. "You got the wrong size."

He narrows his eyes slightly. "Then maybe you should've worn your push up." Ethan says, jerking his arm back. What was up his ass today. He was being so rude. Ethan never talked to me nor did he ever treat me this badly before.

"Maybe I should just go home then." I said, my voice cracking and my eyes watering.

He turns back at me. "Look, I'm sorry Aspen. There's been a lot on my mind lately." I attempt to control my tears to preserve my makeup. "Don't cry Aspen. I'm sorry. Look, it's a party! Let's go have fun." Ethan attempts to console me.

"I'm the only thing supposed to be on your mind!" I said, internally cringing at how pathetic I sounded. I expected to hear some sort of consolation from him, only to be given a guilty look. He grabs my hand, taking me into the party without looking at me. He drags me to the kitchen, which reeked of alcohol.

"There you go. Go ahead and choose whatever you want." Ethan says, gesturing to the large variety of bottles on a marble kitchen island. I sniffle and carefully wipe at my eyes. Before I let out another complaint, I hear the football team chatter loudly about a certain brunette and her friend.

"Brooklynn's car pulled up!" one hollered out across the large kitchen. "Fuck Blake you're so lucky, Tiffany is all yours."

"I know, and I'm screwing around with Brook too." Blake gloats. I peer through the glass kitchen door, seeing the crowd part to make way for Tiffany, her friend following shortly behind.

''Show time'', I mentally said to myself and quickly pulled Ethan in for a hungry kiss. I was pretty sure Tiffany was looking at us because when Ethan pulled away.