chapter twelve: dresses, camp rock and smirnoff

Tiffany's POV

The sound of my alarm jerks me out of my sleep. I rub my eyes, half-dead and slam the off button. I decided it's best I get up before Camila decides to scold me some more. Yanking the charger out of my phone, I notice it's a Friday. I scroll through my notifications, as a reminder for Ella's party pops up. The party she pretty much invited everyone to. Including Aspen and Ethan. I throw my phone back onto my bed and I get ready for the day.

"Tiffany!" Brooklynn attempts to run down the hall as fast as possible in her stilettos. "Let's go my place after school! We can get ready there and just meet up with Amber at the party."

I look away from my locker. "Sure. Can we stop by my house? I need to get my dress." Brooklynn agrees and continues babbling on about her plans for the night. I occasionally nod, mainly paying attention to Ethan who was standing by his locker talking to one of his friends.

"Tiffany? Tiffany. Hello?" she frowns at me. "You've been spacing out a lot recently. Are you ok?"

"Yeah I'm fine, just thinking about tonight." I smile at her.

Brooklynn frowns at me. "Whatever you say, Tiffany."

..........................................................

"Camila! I'm home. Brooklynn is with me."

"Good afternoon, dollface! how was school?" Camila said while taking out a fresh batch of cookies out of the oven.

"It was fine,'' Brooklyn and I said in unison while taking one of the cookies.

"Camila, I'm heading to a party tonight, you know the drill. '' I take a bite of the cookie, its chocolate oozing out. "I'll probably crash there."

"Sure, just don't die in a ditch. Have fun, girls,'' she replied while walking back to the fridge. Brooklynn and I head up to my room and she takes out her make up bag. As she beginnings applying some more, I walk into my closet.

"Tiffany?" she calls out. I poke my head back out to make eye contact with her.

"What is it?" Brooklynn stares at me for a moment before looking back into my vanity. She removes small smudges of red lipstick around her lips.

"Didn't you say you had an outfit already planned?" she narrows her green eyes at me. I scratch the back of my head nervously.

"Well... I did I swear. But I wasn't feeling it anymore and now I have to look for a new one."

Brooklynn rolls her eyes. "Just find something tight and black. You still need to touch your makeup up so hurry up."

I walked into my closet trying to find the ideal outfit. I walk towards my array of heels and decide on a pair of golden Jimmy Choo's and a black tight dress with a cutout on the back. I curl my hair, apply a light coat of foundation, and a golden smokey eye with false lashes.

"Wait! Let's wear our matching bracelets." Brooklynn stops me before I headed out the door. I reach into my purse, fishing around for my bracelet. Once I find it, I slip it on, yelling a quick goodbye to Camila and locking the door with Brooklynn following me.

"So we have to go pick up that special birthday cake for Ella and then we can head over to her place." I remind Brooklynn. "Can we take your car? I'm just gonna leave mine here." Brooklynn nods, leading the way to her black Range Rover. Brooklynn types in the address to the bakery and immediately begins telling me about her planned family vacation to Paris. Brooklynn finds a place to park and we head into the bakery.

"So what kind of cake did you get her anyways?" Brooklynn asks. I snort, remembering the "special" request I made for the cake.

"Chocolate and a little special touch as well." I smile devilishly to Brooklynn.

"How may we help you today?" A worker asks me.

"I ordered a cake a couple days ago. A different worker told me it was going to be done today." The worker checks the logs of ordered cakes, finding my name.

"Oh yes! I'll have to help you carry it to the car though, it's very large." I agree, before pulling my phone out to text some people to wait in front of Ella's house to help with her surprise. Brooklynn returns while shoving a cupcake in her mouth.

"What's this special surprise any-," The workers wheel in the cake and cuts off Brooklynn's sentence. "Oh my gosh, Tiffany you're a genius! Ella is going to die." Brooklynn manages to let out in between her laughing.

For Ella's cake I asked them to make a massive cake with a blown up picture of the Camp Rock movie cover on it. In grade school, Ella had this weird obsession with Camp Rock and she cut and dyed her hair brown just like Demi Lovato's in the movie. Ella would wear the same exact outfit day after day so she would look like Demi, carried around a microphone and would belt out into all these random songs out of nowhere. She erased any photos of her in that phase.

As soon as the cake was in Brooklynn's trunk, we head over to Ella's house. As we pull into her driveway, I see Blake and some of his friends waiting in front of her door.

"Oh my gosh! It's Blake!" Brooklynn squeals in her seat. "How do I look?"

"Brooklynn stop worrying you look fine." I assure her while scrolling through social media. Most people were already posting photos at the party. Looks like it already started.

"I feel like Blake is gonna ask me to be official any day now." Brooklynn gushes. I bit my lip, praying that day would not come. Blake was not a boyfriend material. He was sleeping around with other girls under Brooklynn's radar and

trying to charm my pants off when she isn't looking.

Brooklynn parks her car and we head inside the house. As soon as the door opens, the music and cheering becomes increasingly louder and the distinctive odors of weed and alcohol hit my nose. Random drunk people come up to Brooklynn and I, inviting us to take shots with them. It's hard to make out what they're saying, due to their slurring and the painfully loud music. I look around Ella's usually neat foyer. Some girl's panties is hanging from the chandelier and silly spray coated the centre statue. Thank god I wouldn't have to clean this mess up. I feel Brooklynn's hand tugging my arm, attempting to get my attention. She drags me to the kitchen , where all the bottles and glasses laid.

"Are you gonna get totally wasted?" Brooklynn asks while greedily eyeing a full bottle of Ciroc on the kitchen island. I scan my surrounds spotting a couple making out on the kitchen sink. Gross. As soon as they pull away I spot Aspen's satisfied smile at Ethan. My heart twists painfully as I stand there stupidly and try to avoid them noticing my presence. I grab a bottle from the island and I read the label. Smirnoff. I open it, taking a large gulp as Brooklynn stares at me.

I smile at her. "I am now."