chapter ten: shopping, steak and mixed feelings

Tiffany's POV

I stop at the red light. Did Ethan seriously just ask me to go somewhere with him? He clears his throat, waiting for a reply.

"Oh sorry. Can you not find the way yourself?" he lets out a sigh. "Aspen is pissed at me, I just thought she would stop nagging if I buy her this dumb bracelet. And she's always talking about how you have the newest ones." I can mentally picture him rolling his eyes.

"I have plans after school, wanna ditch school right now?" I politely offer. I'm sure Brooklyn won't mind. She ditches me all the time. "I guess that's fine. Where do I meet you?" I quickly type down an apology to Brooklyn, Amber, and Ella before I answer him.

"I'll just meet you at your place then? Your parents are probably at that meeting my dad went to in New York anyways." He agrees, ending the call. I make a quick detour to Starbucks, ordering an iced coffee. This is going to be a long day.

Ethan's strangely familiar iron wrought gates immediately open as my car pulls into his driveway. I spot Ethan himself standing by his doors, typing away on his phone. I snort. Probably apologizing to Aspen. I honk my horn, signaling him of my presence. He looks up in shock, then recovers and begins to walk over to my car.

"So where is this Cartier place anyways?" I look back at him, raising an eyebrow. "And what rock have you been living under? Didn't you buy Aspen stuff from there before?" He scratches the back of his head awkwardly.

"I may or may not have asked my mom to just choose one out for me." I snort. "Typical." He laughs loudly, leaning forward in his seat. He then suddenly stops, like he was doing something he wasn't supposed to. I ignore his strange behavior, parking in front of the store.

"We're here."

I glare at Ethan for what seemed like the fifteenth time since we entered the store. "Ethan I swear to god just make your mind up already." He glances at me, slightly narrowing his eyes in annoyance.

"I have no idea which one she wanted. Are you sure you left your bracelet at home?" He stares at me accusingly. I pretend to dig into my Celine purse. The bracelet was there, but I wasn't going to give Aspen another chance to copy me!

"Yeah." I turn to the helper. "Do you have any suggestions any girls my age would like?"

"Well, that took forever." I glance at Ethan, who was staring into the bag in disbelief. "One bracelet. Cost me. Five fucking thousand dollars." Ethan mutters under his breath. I smirk internally, the actual bracelet Aspen wanted is actually ten thousand. I guess that's second place to Aspen Smith, again. I glance at my dashboard clock. It's barely two o'clock.

I look over at Ethan. I decide to take the high road this time.

"Wanna go out to lunch?" he looks at me in surprise. "I won't make you pay this time I promise. My treat." I offer. Ethan still continues to look at me blankly. I clear my throat softly as a way to remind him to answer. "Um alright, I guess." He says unsure. Why did he look at me so weirdly? Like a girl is just asking her ex if he wants to go out for lunch. That sounds casual. It's not like lunch is going to kill anyone.Not like I care about him or anything, I'm just kinda in the mood for steak.

I smile at him, showing my pearly whites."You in the mood for steak?" I ask while batting my eyelashes.

-----

"Isn't this good? Seriously, this is the best thing that I've ever tasted." I said while stuffing a small piece of medium rare beef in my mouth.

"Tiffany, i swear i took you to BOA steak a million of times. We literally have our own private room.'' Ethan said while shaking his head and smiling.

"A million of times isn't enough because the last time you took me on a date was years ago.'' I said wiping my mouth while slowly losing my appetite.

"What does that have to do with anything?'' Ethan said in a curious tone.

"Just forget it I said anything. I'm going to ask for the bill. My treat remember?" I smile at him sweetly. I instantly changed the subject because I'm not trying to send any mix messages to him. I felt like there were some unresolved feelings with him but I promised myself,I would not fall in love with Ethan or anyone like him ever again. He was just a guy that so happened called my boyfriend. Nothing special about it at all right?

At least I hope so.

hey guys !! thank you all so much for 10k! super glad you all are enjoying this story as much as i am :)