chapter seven: bladders, carnivals and cameras

Ethan’s POV

“You want me to do what?” I furrow my brows. “Isn’t that crossing a border?”

Aspen rolls her eyes.

“Ethan just relax. I planned this all out, trust me on this one.” she replies with calmly while rolling her eyes. I get that Tiffany’s been horrible to her and all but I’m pretty sure this is illegal. Aspen starts waving her hands around.

“Hello? Earth to Ethan! Ethan.” she says. “Oh finally, you blanked out for a second. Look, you’re either in or out. Tiffany has done so many things to try and hurt our relationship Ethan. Don’t you think you think it’s time to get back at her? Aspen looks at me with pleading eyes.

I sigh. This is gonna eventually come back and bite me in the ass.

“I’ll do it.”  

“Ethan. Ethan. Ethan?” I look up only to meet Tiffany’s blue eyes. “Oh good, you’re finally awake. You passed out.”

I rub my eyes groggily. “How long was I out?”

“For about fifteen minutes. But don’t worry Mr. White kept lecturing Blake and Anthony over there.” Tiffany replies with not even sparing a glance at me. I remember Aspen’s words. Guess I’ll start with the plan today.

“Can I come over and work on the project today after school?” I ask.

Tiffany looks up from her work. “Sure, but you have to be out of my house by eight-ish.”

I sigh and nod in agreement. No need to ask her what her plans were after.

What has Tiffany so weirdly focused? I slide my eyes to the right. She stares down at her paper, neatly written words decorating the sheet.

“What are you even doing?” I ask.

She jumps a bit, obviously expecting me to be asleep.

“This is just some notes for the project.” My eyebrows shoot up.

“You’re actually taking notes? Tiffany Hart the slut of this school is taking notes? This is golden.” I snap. Tiffany’s eyes darken at the word slut.

“Back with the slut insults Ethan? I guess it’s original for you.” she retorts back with raising an eyebrow. “Well if Lord Ethan must know, if I have to be stuck with a blockhead as a partner I want a good grade.” She returns to her notes.

Typical.

I wait outside of Tiffany’s house ready to be let in. Am I really going to be able to get away with Aspen’s plan? I hear incoming footsteps and I immediately know it’s Tiffany. She opens the door and wordlessly steps aside for me to come in. As I’m seated at my usual spot my hands are sweatier than usual. I quickly wipe my hands on my jeans and let out a stressed sigh.  

“You ok there Ethan?” Tiffany looks at me weirdly.

“Yeah I’m fine, I’ve just been holding my bladder in ever since science.” I smoothly lie.

“Well help yourself to the bathroom, you know where it is.” she says dismissively, focusing on the poster. I stand up stiffly and I head up to Tiffany’s room.

I was walking up the flight stairs to then make a detour to Tiffany’s room. I was eyeing her whole room to see where I should place the camera. Just when I was about to place it around her vanity, I saw the stuff toy I won for her at the carnival back when we were dating.

*Flashback*

‘’Oh my god Ethan! ‘’, Tiffany said in her angelic voice.

‘’Seriously, I flashed everyone at my cousin’s wedding when I was 5.’’ I said struggling to control my

uncontrollable laughing.

‘’I can’t wait and tell everyone‘’ Tiffany said while taking out her phone out of her back pocket. My cheeks burn red, no one would take me seriously after. Luckily, Tiffany had clumsy fingers.

‘’Don’t you dare tell them anything’’ I said playfully while trying to grab her phone. Instead of grabbing her phone, I accidentally took ahold of her hotdog. Which made Tiffany laugh harder. Man, her laugh made me happy. I look around, spotting stand with darts.

“Hey Tiffany let’s go there!” I exclaim excitedly. She looks up, she didn’t send it yet. Thank god.

“Ew Ethan no.” she says. “You have  the worst aim.”

“Babe. I’m like the best athlete in Hamilton High school history. I could throw a couple of darts around.” I say cockily.  Tiffany rolls her eyes.

“Fine.” she finishes her hotdog quickly as I grab her hand, dragging her to the stand. I hand the carnie a five dollar bill.

“One round please.”

“See it wasn’t so bad Tiffany. I got you a stuffed toy out of it!” she looks at me weirdly.

“Babe, you paid him to give the toy to you, you didn’t win any of the games.” she adds. “Plus we were there for like half an hour, how much did you even spend there?” My face turns even more red.

“Like, oh I don’t know, two hundred?” I mumble under my breath. Tiffany throws her head back and laughs at my expense. This time I didn’t find her laugh so cute but I still love her lots.

*End Of Flashback*

I was shaking my head to get rid of the memories i had with her. I’m happily with Aspen now, well kind of. I silently walked towards the teddy bear and planted the camera in between the legs. Just when I was about to head back to the dining room, Tiffany waltzs in. 

‘’What are you doing in here?‘’ She said in a judgemental tone. Ethan you fucking idiot. You literally just had one job.

‘’I was just looking at the corkboard again’’ I said acting sheepishly.

‘’Whatever, just come down and help me ‘’ she said in a nonchalant tone.

Phew, Thank God. This plan better work.