chapter eight: nachos, morons and diets

Ethan’s POV

I leave Tiffany’s house around six-ish, earlier than planned may I add. My stomach rumbles as I pull my phone out to text Aspen. I guess we should go get dinner or something. Before I can even begin typing, an incoming call comes from her. I answer it.

“Hey Aspen. And before you begin to ask, yes I did go with the plan.” I feel her triumphant smirk all the way from here. I internally shudder.

“That’s great Ethan! See? It wasn’t so hard after all. That bitch won’t even know what hit her.” Before she could continue rambling on and on about Tiffany I change the subject.

“Want to go out to dinner? We can go that Chipotle place downtown.”

“Sorry Ethan not tonight. I’m having a girl’s night with Rebecca and Emily.” I quickly murmur a goodbye and I end the call. Who else do I go with? All my friends are probably somewhere getting wasted and I wasn’t planning on having any hangovers anytime soon. I only then begin to realise I haven’t left Tiffany’s house yet. Should I go with her? Well it’s not like I have anyone else to go with.  I swiftly exit my car, speed walking towards Tiffany’s door. I started to feel a lot of regret. What if Aspen finds out? What if Tiffany thinks I want her back or something? I pace around her door thinking about what scenarios could go down if I decided what would happen if I did ask her.

“What the fuck are you doing?” Tiffany says, looking like she swallowed something sour. Fuck. My. Life. This is so awkward. She probably thinks I’m a creep or something. She continues staring at me, waiting for a reply.

“I uhh, was just wondering if you wanted to get something to eat with me.” Her eyes bore into mine for 4 heartbeats. She rolls her eyes.

“I guess so, Brooklynn just bailed on me.”  

----------------------------------------------------------------

‘’Take that back’’ she said in a devilish tone

‘’No way! Chipotle is better than Taco Bell.’’ I said. We were sitting in my car arguing on where to eat.

‘’Which one is cheaper and efficient?‘’ she said triumphantly while getting cozy in my car seat.

‘’Taco Bell.’’ I said sighing defeatedly. Even though this conversation was short and with Tiffany of all people, it was probably the most amusing.

“Isn’t this so much better than Chipotle? We don’t have to share tables with strangers.” Tiffany says as we enter the building. Tiffany makes a beeline for the registers.

“You’re paying for me right?” she questions raising her eyebrow. I quickly check my wallet. Ok. I have tons of cash with me. I guess it wouldn’t hurt to treat her right?