Chapter 51: The Date

Start from the beginning

"I was at Jack's" I said, just as she walked through the door.

"Oh" she said then she glimpsed at Jack. "Are you two okay then now?" she was obviously referring to our fight.

I looked up and smiled at him only to see him smiling at me too.

"Yeah, we're good" His arm was wrapped around my waist and he lent down and kissed the top of my head.

"Awww" My Mom cooed. "At last! George get out here!" she yelled excitedly.

"What do you want?" He groaned as he walked through the door. "Oh Jess, you're home" he glanced at Jack, and then at his arm around my waist and smirked. "Jack, its been a while"

Jack smiled. "Yes Mr Cooper it has. How are you both now? I assume you're both okay after the accident?" he asked politely.

"Yes thank you Jack, and please how many times have I told you over the years? Call me George"

"Okay" he nodded. Mom smiled happily.

"So what are you both up to?" she asked.

"Umm, well with your permission, I'd like to take Jess out on a date" Jack replied before I could.

"Hmm, a date you say?" My Dad asked and Jack gulped nervously before nodding. "Okay well, Jack, come with me and we'll have a little... chat"

He shot me a nervous glance, but I just giggled and gave a gentle push in my Dad's direction.

They walked into the living room and Dad shut the door behind them. I turned to look at Mom and we both shared a look before squealing happily.

"Oh darling I'm so happy for you"

"Thanks Mom" I said as she wrapped her arms around me in a tight hug.

"So where is he taking you?" she asked.

I shrugged. "I don't know"

"Oh well we better start getting you ready. Discuss all the possible outfit options for the date"

"Okay" I laughed before she hurriedly dragged me up the stairs.

I picked a pair of black jeans with rips on the knees, a baby blue satin camisole and my white converse.

Mom straightened my hair and I added a light coat of make up.

"Aww you look beautiful" she cooed.

"Thanks Mom" I blushed.

I grabbed my phone and purse and put them in my bag.

Mom rushed down the stairs before me, alerting Jack and Dad that I was ready and I descended the stairs.

Although when I reached the bottom, I found Mom peering through the door. Why hadn't she gone in?

I tapped her on the shoulder, opening my mouth to ask her why, when she put a finger to her lip, shushing me. She stepped aside slightly and pointed through the door; and the sight that I saw warmed my heart.

Dad and Jack were sat on the sofa talking animatedly about the football match they were watching. They looked so natural together, almost like father and son. I was glad that Dad approved.

I tiptoed in and snuck up behind Jack before planting a kiss on his cheek.

"Hey" he said happily.

"Hey"

Dad stood up and Jack did also. "Okay I want her back before twelve. If you're going to be any later, text your Mother or I"

I nodded. "Okay Dad, love you" I gave him a hug and pecked him on the cheek before Jack shook his hand.