Chapter 29

Morgan's POV

Lance wakes up and Sarah, Jack, Aaron, and I start talking to him.

"Morgan told me everything." Jack says.

"Great," he smiles sarcastically, "then you should know she isn't all innocent," he states, fiddling with the black cable ties around his wrists.

"Be quiet, Bennett." Sarah says disgusted.

"Oh Sarah, Sarah, Sarah." Lance snickers, "you haven't changed a bit."

Sarah crosses her arms, "you're the one that hit someone," she pauses, "with a car."

"Precisely," he says, "but your little friend over there came up with the game that caused someone to get hit. Plus, weren't you the one that just hit me in the back of the head with a candle stick?" He asks Sarah.

"And I'd do it again-" she says getting interrupted.

"Sarah was protecting Hayes. And that's something completely different," Aaron says backing me and Sarah up, "you could have at least watched where you were driving."

"It doesn't matter what I could have done," Lance says, "Espinosa stills owes me money and I'm going to get it."

I look down and scratch the back of my neck, "Lance, I don't have any money, it's all with my brother-"

"Then get it from your brother." He smirks.

Jack pulls my arm and leads my into the kitchen, "just let me help you-"

"Don't even think about giving me your money." I reply.

"Morgan-"

"Jack, just stop." I say, "I dug myself into this hole and I need to pull myself out." I say grabbing his arm.

Jack G's POV

I look at her hand that's now on my arm, "Morgan, I don't care if you need to do this, I want to help you."

"Why? Why would you waste all your time and money on me?"

I am so close to telling Morgan that I might have feelings for her. I am literally so close ...

until Hayes walks into the kitchen.

"Just getting a soda. Sorry to interrupt," he says reaching for a pop can, "so what's the plan with this Lance guy?"

I look at Hayes like he just lost his brain.

"Dude," I whisper trying to get him out of the kitchen.

"What?" He whispers back then turns his gaze to Morgan, "do we have any left over pizza?" He asks her.

I am face palming myself inside.

"I'm going to run to the market," she says, "you can come with me." She looks at Hayes.

"Alright." Hayes replies.

"What's going on?" Sarah asks walking into the kitchen.

"Hayes and I are going to downtown," she says, "do you want to come?"

"Yeah, sure." Sarah says.

Hayes walks out of the kitchen and into the dining room where Bennett is. He stops in front of him. He doesn't say anything, he just looks at him.

Morgan quickly follows behind Hayes and I know she wants to protect him. Sarah and I quickly walk behind Morgan.

Morgan puts a hand on Hayes's shoulder and turns to me and Aaron, "I want him out of here by the time I get back. We're getting company." She says referring to Sammy and some other guys that are coming over later.

"so demanding," Bennett jokes, "you need to settle down."

"And you need to get your ass out of here." She glares.

Morgan puts her hands on Sarah and Hayes shoulders leading them to the door.

I don't know the thoughts running through Morgan's head but I know that I'm not one of them right now.

Morgan's POV

Hayes, Sarah, and I get out to the driveway and we hop into the vehicle that Matt and I share; 2015 GMC Yukon Denali SUV in Onyx Black. Matt's choice, not mine.

Hayes gets into the back and Sarah sits in the passenger.

"Do you have any headphones?" Hayes asks.

"Here." I say handing him earbuds that were sitting on the dashboard.

He puts the buds into his phone and ears and starts scrolling through his feeds.

It was quiet as I drove and Sarah looked out her window. I can see out of the corner of my eye that she is looking at me. I turn my head to her.

"What?" I chuckle.

"I'm really sorry," she says looking down, "it's eating me alive how we aren't talking. I mean, we're talking but not heart to heart. I just- I just miss you so much."

I turn my head from the road to her, "I miss you too."

"So, what does that mean for us? I mean- our friendship."

"I'm not exactly cool with you going behind my back. I wish you would have at least told me earlier." I say, "if you would have just mentioned something, like even saying you think Matt is cute, I would have gotten the message."

She nods.

"But how you two were so nonchalant about it- I just thought you would at least be honest about it."

"I know, and I am really sorry, I just thought you wouldn't approve." She says.

"Yeah, because you're such a bad influence for Matthew." I chuckle.

"You know what I mean." She says rolling her eyes.

"Well, I don't exactly approve." I say, "But I'm learning to be okay with it."

"Really?" She says and her whole face lights up.

I nod, "I mean, if you really care about him, and he really cares about you-"

"I do! And I think he does too." she says with a smile.

"Then you have my blessing." I say smiling at her.

I can tell by her facial expressions that she finally feels like she doesn't have to live in secrecy anymore.

"But I sill need to talk to that brother of mine." I say, "so don't get too excited."

She tries to hide her smile, "right." She nods.

"But until then, be excited." I laugh.

She grabs my hand, "thank you so much, Morgan."

I nod, "it's truly no problem."

We smile at each other and talk the whole way to the market.

It finally feels like I have my best friend back.