Chapter 16

•Chapter 16•

Morgan's POV

It's about 9:00 pm and Jack G, Kenny, Sammy, Matt, Hayes, and I are all sitting around the fire.

It was silent until Matt got up and went inside. I know it's the perfect time to talk to him so I get up as well and walk inside.

"Matt." I say as he walks towards the stairs.

He stops and turns to face me, saying nothing.

"Please. Just talk to me." I say pleadingly.

He shrugs, "what's there to talk about?"

I look around in disbelief, "You're seriously gonna ask me that?"

I look at him for a response.

"Last night you told me you couldn't tell me what you're hiding because it would tear us apart. Do you not realize that you keeping whatever you're hiding from me is tearing us apart even more?"

"Have you ever considered that I might not tell you because it's none of your business? You're constantly prying and being annoying."

I roll my eyes and chuckle annoyedly, "me?"

"Yeah."

"Annoying?"

"Yes!"

"Matt, being brother and sister means being there for each other-!"

"Then I guess you're not much of a sister."

I back up defensively, "how can you say that?"

"Because it's true."

"All I do is look out for you, Matt! I constantly try to show you my love and appreciation for you. Can you not do the same in return?"

"Maybe try a little harder." He sasses.

"What is with you!? Ever since we've gotten here you've been completely ridiculous!"

"Oh really?" He says snarly.

"Matthew, you need to grow up." I say walking towards the front door.

"Don't you dare walk out." He says demandingly.

"You walked out on me once; it's my turn." I reply reaching the door.

"If you walk away from me, you will loose me," he says turning towards me, "forever."

I look down then back at him, "I lost you a long time ago." I grab my jacket and walk out of the house.

I honestly can't believe Matt. Does he not get I'm just trying to help him and be a sister? I love him, does he not see that?

Hayes's POV

Matt and Morgan went inside so it's just Sam, Kenny, Jack G and I outside.

"So Kenny, you like Morgan?" I ask.

The reason I ask Kenny about Morgan is to get a rise out of Gilinsky. He likes her and it's so obvious, but he's to chicken to admit it. This way, he'll get mad and admit he likes her. It'll also be extremely obvious... hopefully.

"Yeah. She's pretty cool." He replies.

I look over at Jack G and he is just glaring me down. It's so funny because I know he likes Morgan.

"Oh really?" I ask Kenny but look at Jack.

"yeah." Kenny smiles.

"Jack? Do you have anything to say about that?" Sammy asks playing along with me.

"What? No." Jack says acting cool.

"Really? Nothing at all?" I ask teasingly.

"Nope." He shakes his head.

"Do you think Morgan's cute?" Sammy asks Kenny but looks at Jack to see his expression change.

He nods, "oh yeah."

I can tell Gilinsky is getting frustrated. I can't help but laugh!

"You should ask her out." I say and before I know it Jack is on his feet obviously angry and frustrated with Sam and I. It's so funny!

"Jack?" Sammy asks cracking a smile.

"Hayes, Samuel. A word?" Jack says giving us a fake, calm, smile.

Sam and I look at each other and smile.

"Which word would you like?" I bow and ask Jack.

"Oooh, I have a few that are crossing my mind." He says grabbing sam and I away from Kenny.

"What are you guys doing!?" Jack asks demandingly.

Me and Sammy just burst out laughing.

"I'm serious, guys." Jack says.

"We didn't think it would bother you that much." Sam says still laughing.

"Considering, you know, that you don't like her." I add.

"Listen bro, Morgan's cool. But she doesn't like me." Jack says.

"How do you know?" I ask.

"She likes the hunky Kenneth." Jack nods towards Kenny.

"Bro, if you really like her, go for her and do something about it. We've only got so many tomorrow's." Sam states.

"He's right, man." I agree.

"what if she doesn't like me?" Jack asks.

"We're not saying jump right into anything with Morgan." Sammy says.

"We're just saying that you might of found the right girl, but you're just not ready to fall in love yet." I add.

"Listen, I'll talk to her when I'm ready." Jack says.

"Alright." I say looking at Sammy.

"But you better get ready soon. You know, before the hunky Kenneth gets her." Sam says laughing And I burst out laughing.

"You guys are stupid." Jack says shaking his head, laughing, and walking back to the fire.