Chapter 24

•Chapter 24•

Morgan's POV

After Jack and I make pancakes, it was a pretty chill day. We didn't do much, but it was nice to relax.

Me and Gilinsky are sitting in my room, watching Netflix on my tv. It's around 7:30 pm when I hear someone knock on my bedroom door.

"Come in." I say not too loudly.

I see that it's Matt.

"Hey bro." Jack says.

"Hey man." Matt replies.

"What's up?" I ask pausing the movie Jack and I were watching.

"Morgan," he pauses, "I think you should come to the kitchen."

Jack's POV

As soon as Matt says that, I know that he is finally revealing his relationship with Sarah to Morgan.

Morgan's POV

"Okay." I say and look at Jack for support.

He nods and Jack and I follow Matt into the kitchen. I see Sarah is also there.

"Am I in trouble?" I tease and laugh but the other two seem to be serious.

They escort me to the dining room table. Matt and Sarah sit down beside each other and I sit down across from them. Jack just stands by the side of my chair.

"What's going on?" I ask.

"You know how I told you I needed to talk to you?" Matt asks.

"Yeah." I say slowly.

"Well," he pauses and looks at me, "Sarah has to help me."

"Why?" I ask with a giggle.

Sarah and Matt look at each other and I know what they're about to tell me.

"Oh my god." I say disgusted.

"We wanted to tell you-" Sarah cuts in.

"But we didn't know how." Matt says.

"We really are sorry." Sarah says.

"We never meant to hurt you." Matt says immediately after Sarah.

"Just stop." I say cutting both of them off.

"Morgan," Matt says.

"Is this why you wouldn't talk to me? Is this why you were so distant?" I ask devastated.

He was quiet as he looked up at me. I stand up from my chair. Just as I stand up, Nash enters the room and looks at all of us.

"I can't believe you right now." I say quietly, turning away from them.

"I never wanted you to lose me-" Matt says.

"no, I didn't lose you!" I pause as tears are forming in my eyes, "you lost me."

"Don't say that!" He yells, "you promised me I wouldn't lose you, and you would love me."

"That was before I realized you were going behind my back." I yell looking at both Sarah and Matt.

It was quiet as I stood in front of the two people I thought were my best friends. The two people I thought I could count on no matter what.

Tears start to fall down onto my cheeks. I feel Jack slip his hand into mine. It's nice to have Jack here, and have him comfort me.

"I want you gone by tomorrow night." I say to Sarah.

Her eyes meet mine and I can tell how guilty she feels.

"Get over yourself, Morgan. She's not leaving." Matt says finally.

"Well in that case you can join her." I say raising my eyebrows.

"We're brother and sister, don't say that." He says.

"Yeah I thought we were too. I also thought Sarah and I were best friends." Her eyes meet mine, "I guess I was wrong about a lot of things."

"How could you say that? We still are siblings-"

"Because we are no longer siblings, Matthew!" I yell making them jump.

They were both silent.

"You lost all privileges to be my brother."

"What do you mean? Of course we are-!" He says with hope.

"Maybe by blood, but not by choice." I say finally and walk towards the door.

"Don't walk away!" He yells, "being brother and sister means being there for each other!"

I stop and turn around and walk straight to him.

"Well it's too bad you chose Sarah over me, huh?" I say with tears in my eyes.

I walk out of the door, slamming it.

Jack's POV

Maybe telling Morgan right now, wasn't such a good idea.

It was quiet.

"So I guess Sarah isn't single." Nash says breaking the silence.

I look at Matt and he shakes his head. I run to the front door and run out to go find Morgan.

I guess Morgan needs a friend right now and even though I may not want to be just friends, I'm going to be the best friend I possibly can be for Morgan.