Chapter Forty-Three- Team.

Depuis le début

"Wait, what!?" La'gaan fell out of his seat as all the kids shouted an oblivious "Okay!" In response. Karen and Mal had both gone home to get some sleep, so they lucked out.

"That was mean," M'gann hissed as we all walked outside.

"Don't kid yourself Megalicious, he deserved it!" Wally said, arm comfortably settled around Artemis' waist.

"Well, Willow," Connor took her hand, "You said the eight of us were going out. Where should we go?"

"Oh." Willow obviously had just used it as an excuse and hadn't thought this far ahead.

I giggled, "We could have a movie night?" It was just a suggestion, I mostly meant it to be inspiration to find something better to do together, but everyone took me seriously.

"Well, it's not night anymore." Willow said, shielding her eyes from the rising sun

"Where would we have it? The kids have already claimed the TV here." Artemis pointed out as Wally kissed her cheek again. I would have protested the PDA, but the two had been apart for three months now, they could be a little touchy-touchy.

Rick shrugged, "With Tim and Mara here, Wayne Mansion is pretty much abandoned-"

"Heck yes! Alfred's cookies!" Wally interrupted. 

That seemed to seal it. Everyone grabbed their own duffle bag as we took the zeta-tubes to the Bat-Cave.

"No matter how many times I'm in here, I'll always remember my first visit." Willow sighed dreamily, looking around the cave and all the computers. Like always, Wally stayed back a bit to admire Bruce's trophy room, but he caught up with us eventually. 

I myself lingered on the top step, remembering when Rick and I first found this place. It didn't feel the same without Bruce.

Taking a deep breath, I reminded myself that Bruce would be back soon, and that he would be back, along with Shayera and everyone else, and followed my friends into the mansion.

It was going to take a while to get clearance to zeta to Rann, but once we did, Miss Martian, Superboy, and Adam Strange were going to bring the Light's confession to light. Ha ha.

"Choose a movie," Rick told the others, already halfway up the stairs, "Emma and I will be back in  a moment."

We went to change, and I chose my blue quarter-sleeves shirt with a white shirt sewn under it, along with some skinny jeans and a matching headband to relieve my normal ponytail. I also brought along a Batman hoodie, since Alfred liked to keep the TV room chilly. 

I headed back downstairs to find Wally and Willow arguing over which movie to watch, as usual.

"It's vintage, it's sweet, and you know it, West!" Willow smirked, crossing her arms as if she'd already won. Kaldur, M'gann, and Connor looked as if they didn't care what we watched, they just enjoyed watching Wally and Willow squabble. It was good to feel some sort of "normality" amidst this big alien invasion and everything else going on these past few months.

"What's the big movie this time?" I asked, taking a seat next to Kaldur on the brown leather couch.

"Singing In The Rain." Connor sighed.

"We watched that last time!" Wally complained, "Can we please watch Iron Man?" He held up the DVD case.

"Artemis, back me up!" Willow demanded, holding the case for her movie protectively.

Arty sighed and raised her hands in surrender, "I am not picking sides this time, Will." she apologized as Rick came in, wearing some old jeans and a shirt that clearly showed off his muscles.