Sixteen

It was the next day as I woke up from the bright light shining through the window. I yawned and stretched as I checked the time and it was noon. So I guess I'm not going to school. I had a lot of miss calls and text messages from Liam so I called him back.
"Finally, why didn't you come?" He asked.
"I just woke up." I said.
"Where are you exactly."
"Derek's house, I'll come by later." I told him as he agreed.
"Alright I better get to class call me if anything." He said.
"Okay." I ended.
I got up and I got ready as I decided to make my way downstairs.
I noticed no one was here so I just sat down and was on my phone.
A while later Derek came with Braeden as I smiled at them.
"You're finally up." Braeden said.
"Yeah thanks for letting me stay here tonight." I said.
"It's okay, but later on tonight we aren't going to be here so I think you should stay over at someone else's house. " Derek said as I nodded.
"Where you guys going?" I asked.
They looked at each other, "We have some business to do."
I nodded as Derek was making some food.
He finished making the food as we all ate and it was really tasty.
"I'm going to go see my dad for a bit so I'll come back later to get my stuff." I said.
They nodded as Derek said that he'd will drop me off.
I went out and into the car as we began driving.
He dropped me off as I said goodbye.
I went in as I saw Nurse McCall.
"Hey, can I see my dad?" I asked her.
"Yeah no need to ask me sweetie." She said as I smiled at her and was walking into his room seeing him watching T.V.
"Hey Grace." He said shutting off the tv.
"Hey dad how you feeling?" I asked him.
"Better." He said as I smiled.
"That's good."
"How have you been hopefully you don't miss me too much." He smirked.
"Nah, I didn't miss you at all." I joked.
"I met Derek Hale." I told him as he looked at me.
"Really?" He asked.
"He's nice."
"He can have his moments." He chuckled.
"Hey Grace." My dad spoke as their was silence.
"Mhmm." I said looking at my cast.
"I think we should move in with grandma and grandpa after I get out." He said as I looked at him.
"Why?!"
"Because Beacon Hills is too dangerous for both of us." He said.
"We can't leave we just got here. And my friends are here, I can't leave them." I whined.
"Is their someone specific." He said.
"Yes dad, and you know who it is. I can't leave." I said.
"I'll think about it." He said as I breathed.
"thank you." I replied.
I was about to get up to leave but he stopped me.
"If you really like him you should tell him before it's too late." My father said as I looked at him and slowly nodded.
I left as I began walking because I needed the walk.
As I reached Derek's building I went up and entered in seeing them not their.
I walked around as heard mumbling from a room. I listened through the door as it was Derek and Braeden.
"Are you sure you want to do this?" She said.
"Alot of people on the dead pool are dying. We can protect Satomi's pack. I'm not letting anyone else die because of this stupid benefactor." Derek said.
"We should head out in few minutes, Scott is bringing the pack their and Chris will be there too." She said.
"Alright let's go." He said as I widen my eyes and ran back outside.
I went out and towards their car as the door was unlocked, the luck.
I went in the back seat as I laid down on the floor so they won't see. I'm going to help them, if the hunters and assassins are coming to fight, I can protect the Satomi's pack. I grabbed my phone as I opened my messages.

Me: you're not going anywhere later today are you?

Liam: No, Scott is going to fight with the assassins and everyone because they are coming but I didn't want to do it.

Me: Okay good I don't want you to get hurt.

Liam: You're not going are you?

Me: No, I'm here with my dad.

Liam: Oh if you leave earlier come over:)

Me: I'll think about it.

I shut my phone as I sighed, I didn't want to lie to him but I did.
The door opened as I turned stiff and silent.
Derek and Braeden were in the car as they began driving.
"Where's Grace?"
"Oh she's still at the hospital." Derek said.
"Call her and let her know that we left the door unlocked for her." Braeden said as I began to worry as I was trying to get my phone out of my pocket to turn off my phone. I was too late as my ringtone began playing as the brakes were hit as I frowned.
I got up as they both were looking at me.
"What the hell are you doing?!" Derek said.
"I want to help."
He sighed, " It's too dangerous you have a cast, you have a greater chance of hurting yourself." He said.
"Please." I frowned looking at him as he looked at me and down to his lap groaning.
"Ugh fine, but if you feel any pain you tell me so I can get you out, okay?" He said as I said okay.
We reached the place as I came in with Derek.
"What is she doing here!?" Scott came too us.
"I want to help." I said.
"What no way! You're going to hurt yourself." He said as I looked at Derek.
"It's okay Scott she's okay and if anything I'll take her home." He said as Scott groaned.
"Fine." He said as I smiled.
"So where's Satomi's pack?" I asked.
"Over here." Someone said as I turned around seeing the pack and Brett.
"Brett?" I asked.
"You're Liam's girlfriend aren't you?" He smirked.
"I'm not his girlfriend." I said as he chuckled.
"So she's going to protect us?" He said not convinced.
I smirked as I put my arm up as my other hand has a cast so it won't work.
I put my hand as I shielded his whole pack as he and his whole pack looked around observing the Shield as they were trying to get through it.
"Never mind..." Brett said as I put my had down breaking the Shield smirking.
"Do you trust me?" I asked as he nodded.
"Okay guys, if they kill us we can kill them. We might be on their dead pool but they are in ours." Derek said as everyone nodded.
Scott was going to come to me but then we got an alarm telling us that they are coming.
I went to the back as I was standing infront of the pack so I can protect myself too.
I shut my eyes putting one arm up and making the Shield as it was around all of us.
I opened my eyes as I was witnessing the hunters shooting and punching through the Shiel but nothing was working for them as I was glad but I shut my eyes knowing I have to stay focused.
A while has passed and I'm so weak but I'm not tell anyone or shutting this shield because along with me the pack might die.
"You're nose is bleeding." Brett told me.
"You're ears are as well." His little sister told me as I shut my eyes harder.
"It's done Grace, the dead pool is over you can stop now, you're killing yourself!" Brett said to me as I wasn't able to stop.
He began shaking me as I opened my eyes as I couldn't see anything and I just fell as Brett caught me.
"Grace!" He yelled.
"Take me to Liam's." Was I said before I blacked out.