Eight

I opened my eyes as I was adjusting my eye sight. I noticed someone was holding my hand as I tried to see.
"L-Liam?" I asked.
"Oh my god you're awake." He said as I could tell he was worried.
"What happened?" I asked sitting up slowly.
"You passed out by doing some superpower thing, Stiles called me and I came." He said as I smiled.
"Where are the others?" I asked.
"Right here." Scott said from behind Liam entering in my room. Gosh Scott better stop doing that.
"How you feeling Grace?" Malia asked.
"Okay, kind of dizzy though." I said.
"Your father told us everything." Scott said.
"What's everything?" I asked.
"Gracey, your mother had the same ability you are having right now. It started from your great great great grandmother and it passes down the chain for the women. So when one dies it gets passed on. You have the power to protect people. Now obviously I was aware of werewolves, fox, and coyotes, but you're mother protected humans from them. But in Beacon Hills it's different. That bubble thing is called a Shield. No one can come through and no one can get out of it unless you control it. When you shielded me when Kate was holding me, I was able to move and touch her back because you were shielding one person only. But if there was more than one you wouldn't be able to do that." My father took a break.
"Okay... so you tell me this now?" I said.
"I just wanted to tell you when you had the powers." He said.
"So what am I, a protector?" I asked.
"That's your job, to protect people from death. But you're a Guardian but for the supernatural." He ended leaving a dramatic effect.
I looked around as they all were looking at me and smiling. I looked at Liam as he looked worried and wasn't smiling. I also noticed that he was still holding my hand which was cute.
"Liam, what's wrong?" I asked.
"She used the Shield to protect you guys a few hours ago and she passed out. What if she does that again and something worse happens to her?" He said.
I looked at my father thinking he'd know the answer. He looked down to the ground as everyone was getting impatient wanting to know what's wrong.
"What dad?" I spoke.
"You know how I said your mother died from helping people?"
"Yeah..." I said.
"She died because she was using her powers too much. It was taking piece of her each time, one time she just took it too far and never woke up." He said as I gulped.
"So she can die?" Scott said as my father nodded.
A while later everyone slowly left as Liam wasn't leaving and seemed in deep thought.
"Hey, what's wrong?" I asked him but he didn't answer.
"Liam." I said.
"Huh?" He said snapping out of his thoughts.
"What's wrong?" I asked him.
"Nothing, I better going."
"Wait, let my dad drop you off, it's raining outside." I said as he nodded.
I told my dad to drop him off.
They both left as I said goodbye to Liam. I went to go take a shower because I felt disgusting. As I was showering I heard my phone ringing. I closed the shower as I wrapped a towel around my body and picked my phone up.
"Hello?"
"Hey Grace, it's Stiles I kind of forgot my house keys at your house, is it cool if I come back to get them?" He asked.
"Yeah, no one's home anyways." I said going to my room to change.
"Oh why?" He asked.
"Because my dad --" I stopped talking as I felt the front door slam shut.
"What was that?" Stiles asked from the other line.
"I don't know." I said as I began walking down the stairs.
"Dad?" I asked.
But no one answered.
I reached downstairs and went I turned around because I heard someone groaning I screamed.

Stiles POV:
I heard her scream as I freaked out.
"Grace!" I said through the phone but it got hung up.
"I heard her scream what happened?" Malia asked.
"I don't know but we better go quick." I said as we went in my jeep and hurried.