Fifteen

I was laying on the hospital bed after I just did my x-rays. Scott ended up dropping Malia somewhere and came to the hospital but he was outside as Liam and I were sitting in as he was holding my non broken hand.
"I don't want you using your powers, I hate seeing you hurt." He said.
"I have them for a reason Liam." I told him softly as he frowned.
"Okay then can you atleast shield yourself as well next time?" He asked as I smiled nodding at him.
"I'm sorry for acting like a jerk at school, I just can't sleep and these bersekers are scaring the shit out of me. Also this whole dead pool thing." He said.
"I think we all are." I told him as he smiled.
Someone was knocking at the door as it was the doctor who was also Liam's stepdad.
"Hello Grace, your xray report came in and you have broken your arm." He said as I frowned.
"It will take around 6-8 weeks for it to heal." He said as he began applying a cast on.
After it was done I told Liam to leave as I came out of the room seeing Nurse McCall coming to me.
"I guess you won't be volunteering for a while?" She asked.
"I'll still come tomorrow." I told her.
"No you should rest." She said.
"Are you sure?" I asked as she nodded.
I hugged her as I was walking and went to visit my dad. He asked a lot of questions about my arm but I lied to him because I didn't want him to worry or give me a lecture. I said my goodbye and walked out as I found Scott on the chair.
"Um..." I said standing their awkwardly as he was on his phone.
"Let go home." He said not even giving me eye contact.
I sighed as we went on the bike and went to his house.
He walked in first as I was right behind him.
"Want some medicine for the pain?" He finally spoke.
"No it's okay." I said.
"Why did you do that Grace?" He ignored my response. I sighed as I sat down.
"I wasn't just going watch you guys die knowing I could do something about it." I said.
"But look what happened!" He shouted pointing at my arm.
"I just wanted to help!"
"You can't help us! We were fine without having you around and we always will be fine. Besides you are just going to hurt yourself."
I looked at him as I went upstairs grabbing my bags as I ran back down.
"Where are you going?!" Scott asked behind me.
"Away from here, and oh..." I said stopping and turning around to face him.
"Don't come looking for me or following me, because I don't want you to help me anymore." I sassed.
"Grace wait!" He said but I was already out the door.
I began walking as I was mad. Clearly I'm not important in the 'pack'. Even though I might have not been apart of the pack, I still helped them and they helped me. But I guess they just don't need my help, so why should they help me.
I was just walking carrying my bags as it wasn't easy doing it with one arm. My phone kept ringing as it was from Liam and Scott. He probably called Liam. I answered Liam's phone call as I put it on speaker because it was easier.
"Grace oh my god where are you?" He asked.
"I'm fine Liam." I sighed.
"Tell me where you are I'll come and get you." He said.
"No it's okay Liam, I just want to be left alone." I said.
"Where are you going to stay?" He asked.
"I'll find a place to stay." I said.
"Please just come over, there's assassins looking for you, I don't want anything to happen to you." He said as I smiled.
"Nothing is going to happen, if I can't find a place I'll come okay?" I said.
"Promise?" He said.
"Promise." I laughed slightly because he was so cute.
"Call me if anything." He said
"Yeah don't worry."
"Okay bye." He said.
"Bye." I said as I was going to end the phone but it I had trouble because my bags were about to fall.
I stopped walking as I put my phone away and fixed my bags making it more comfortable for me.
I began walking as a car was driving beside me slowly as I began freaking out so I was speed walking.
"Get in Grace." He spoke as I looked at him and was relieved.
"Oh thank god..." I breathed.
I got in the car as he drove with Braeden.
"Now do I want to know why you are walking alone at night with a cast and bags?" Derek asked.
"No you don't. Just don't take me back to Scott's." I said.
He chuckled, "Okay." He said as he took me to his place and it was a whole building. "Woah." I said.
You can take the room upstairs." He said as I nodded.
I went upstairs as the room was massive. I put my bags down as I texted Liam saying I found a place and shut my phone off so I won't have any more distractions.
I changed into pyjama's as I went down for a glass of water.
"Need something?" Derek asked.
"Water." I said as he pointed as I just followed his finger filling a glass.
"Is it okay if I can just sit and talk...?" I asked him nervously.
"You don't have to be scared of me." He said.
"He doesn't bite, especially not anymore." Braeden said as a joke but Derek didn't seem to laugh.
"I'll go to bed." She said as she gave a kiss to Derek and went away as I sat down.
"What's up?" He asked.
"So you were a werewolf?" I asked.
"Was, my powers are going because of a long story." He said as I nodded.
"I have time." I smiled.
"Don't you have school?" He asked.
"I was hoping I don't have to go tomorrow." I said giving him puppy dog eyes.
He laughed as he began telling me the story as I was just listening to him.
After a while he was done I was confused but shocked.
"Wow." Was all I could say.
"Now tell me why you were walking alone?" He said as I groaned.
"Scott and me had an argument you could say. He doesn't want me to help the pack so I don't want his help." I told him.
"You're a Guardian right? Just like your mother." He said as I nodded.
"You get nose bleeds and you faint." He said as I nodded.
"I watched your mother die and I felt guilty. Scott is making the right choice in making sure you don't do anything to hurt yourself."
"And Scott always makes the right choices." He added as I sighed.
"But I'm supposed to be doing this and protecting people. I'm a Guardian and I want to help." I said.
"Scott wants to protect you, that's all. Because the more you help the greater chance of you not making it." He said as I groaned knowing he's right and I'm wrong.
"Now go to bed." He said.
"Ugh fine goodnight." I said as I hugged him as it took him a while to hug me back but he did. To be honest it felt nice because he held me tight.
I pulled apart as I looked at him as he was smiling at me.
He kissed my forehead as I smiled.
"You look just like your mother." He said.
"Goodnight." I said as I went back up and to bed as I fell asleep.