Chapter 28

Peyton's POV

"So can you take me daddy?" I ask daddy who just came back from town.

Daddy sighs and bends down to my level and holds my hands. "Only if you promise you'll be good and listen to daddy" he says.

I nod my head furiously and wrap my arms around daddy's neck. "Yay" I squeal.

"And also ye' do not leave my side for anythin'" daddy warns while rubbing my back.

"I won't daddy" I promise and pull away from the hug.

"C'mon" he says and grabs my hand, leading me to one of the cars. It was green! I love green!

"I'm so excited daddy" I say as daddy picks me up and puts me in the back seat.

"Can I ride in front with you daddy please?" I beg when daddy sits in the front seat.

Daddy sighs before hesitantly nodding and i scramble over the armrest into the seat next to him. I feel like such a big kid! "I'm a big kid daddy!" I cheer and daddy grumbles.

Daddy starts the car and soon were pulling away from the farm and into town I guess.

"Look at all the trees daddy!" I say in awe.

Daddy nods his head as he chews on his thumbnail, not looking from the road.

"Is there a lot of cool toys in town?" I ask

Daddy just shrugs his shoulders.

"Dadddyyyy" I groan causing him to look over at me.

"Hm?"

"Talk to me" I complain.

"Ain't nothing to talk about baby" daddy says.

I sigh and cross my arms, looking out the window.

It was quiet for a minute and then I heard daddy sigh loudly. "There's a few cool shops"

I perk my head up and look over at daddy. "Am I a big kid yet daddy?" I ask.

Daddy looks over at me and back to the road. "Ye will always be my baby girl"

"Even when I'm 200?"

Daddy laughs and shakes his head. "Ya baby, even when yer 200"

"Is Hershel 200?" I ask.

Daddy laughs again. "No baby.. Don't go saying that either"

It was just a question.

Finally the car comes to a stop. "Are we here daddy? Are we here?" I start cheering

Daddy grabs my arm and puts his hand over my mouth. "Ye' need to be quiet ya here? No yellin' only whisperin'" daddy warns.

I nod my head and daddy takes his hand off my mouth before opening his door. I sit and watch him and he turns to look at me "we ain't got all day"

Someone's grumpy today.

I get out of the truck and run by daddy's side where he holds his crossbow up high. Daddy is so strong and tough. I wanna be like daddy when I'm older.

I follow behind daddy as he walks into this big store. We go inside and there's toys everywhere. It's a toy store!

"This is so cool daddy!" I whisper/squeal and hug daddy's leg.

Daddy puts his crossbow over his shoulder so it sits on his back and grabs my hand. "Lead the way" he mutters and I giggle, pulling daddy faulty down the isles.

"Ok ok slow down.. I'm old" daddy grumbles and pulls me back so I stop running.

I start looking all around the store and start picking out toys.

"Look daddy!" I cheer and pick up a small pink camo toy crossbow and hold it up. "I'm like you now!"

Daddy smirks. "Yer a dork"

"I'm getting it daddy" I say and put the toy strap around my shoulder like daddy had.

I picked out a couple more toys and placed them into a backpack. "Ok da-" i start say but was cut off by a loud crashing sound coming from the front of the store.

I jump and run to daddy and hide myself behind his legs. "What was that daddy?" I ask scared.

Daddy pulls out his crossbow and pulls away from me, creeping to the edge of the isle. He looks around the corner and his eyes widen and he runs back over to me while muttering cuss words.

Daddy puts his crossbow back over his shoulder and picks me up and runs towards the back of the store. "Daddy?" I ask scared while hiding my head in his neck.

"Shh" daddy says while holding my head close to him.

Daddy opens a door and shuts it quietly behind him and I lift my head. We were in an office and there was a desk.

Daddy sets me down and gets on his knees and leads me over to the back side of the desk. " ok baby.. I need ye' to stay here behin' this desk ok? Daddy is gonna get rid of the monsters but ye' have to promise to stay here and be very very quiet"

I feel tears in my eyes and I run into daddy's arms, not wanting to be left alone. "No please daddy don't leave me.. Please I'm scared" I cry, letting a tear fall.

Daddy wipes it away with his finger. "Baby I promise I'll be back ok? I'm not leaving ye' .. I'm not gonna lose ye' again I promise" daddy whispers and kisses my forehead. "I promise"

I nod and kiss daddy's cheek as more tears fall. "I'm scared" I whisper.

"Daddy's gonna be back ok" he whispers back.

"I love you daddy" I cry and pull away from him.

"I love you more " daddy says and stands you, grabbing his crossbow again. "Now hide and be quiet until I come and get ye"

I nod and crawl into the gap in the desk and hug my knees. I hope daddy comes back soon because it's scary all alone here.

=========================
A/n: ok so I just want to remind you guys because I've been getting a lot of comments lately , Carl and Peyton are the same age! Carl isn't 12 in this story.. I changed it!