Chapter 27

((Please read A/n at the end))

Peyton's POV

----- one week later ------

Today I can finally go outside and walk around! Carl can too! Turns out he was shot just like me but with an actual gun.

"Hey Pey" Carl says as he meets me by the front door to the house. I notice he was now wearing Ricks sheriffs hat.

Since daddy was out hunting Rick was helping both me and Carl walk today.

"Hey car" I tease back. "How is your stomach?" I ask pointing to where he was shot.

"Sore.. what about yours?" He asks.

"Sore" I smile.

"You guys ready?" Rick asks coming up from behind us.

We both nod as Rick grabs both our hands and stands in the middle before slowly walking outside.

The fresh air smelt and felt so good but the bright light almost blinded me. "It's bright!" I squeal and cover my eyes with my hand.

Rick chuckles and looks around. "Let's go see what everyone is doing" he instructs and helps me and Carl get down the steps of the porch.

I see Uncle Merle working on his motorcycle off in the distance. "Uncle Merle!" I yell and start to run off towards him. Rick grabs my arms and pulls me back. "Don't run ok? Take it easy"

I nod and he lets go of my hand and I carefully walk over to Uncle Merle.

"Hi!" I smile walking up behind him.

He turns around and smirks at me before grabbing a tool and fixing something on his bike. "how ya feelin' princess?"

"Fine.. my stomach is sore though" I say and sit on the ground next to him.

"I see" he mumbles.

He sits on his knees in front of me and wipes his hands on a rag. "Hey princess?" He says and looks over at me.

"What?"

"You got somethin' on yer face" Uncle Merle smirks and wipes his greasy finger on my cheek. I squeal and rub my face trying to get it off.

"That's mean!" I cross my arms and give him a mean look.

Uncle Merle laughs and pours some water onto a clean rag. "C'mere" he laughs and pulls me into his lap and cleans my face off. "Better?" He asks.

"Yeah" I giggle and hug him. "I'm gonna go find rick" I say and stand up and walk away to find rick.

As im walking someone picks me up and throws me over their shoulder. I start to scream but stop when I see the familiar wings on the back of daddy's vest. "Daddy!" I squeal as he sets me down.

"You scared me!" I giggle and push his legs.

Daddy laughs and grabs my arms so I can't push him anymore "thats the point"

I giggle and try pushing him again but he doesn't even budge. "Daddy stop being so fat!"

"I'm not fat!" He laughs and picks me up.

"Well I couldn't move you!"

"cause I'm superman" daddy says and flexes his arm that wasn't holding me.

"Super weird" I tease and stick my tongue out at him.

Daddy fakes a hurt look. "Yer a dork" he laughs and kisses my forehead.

"You love me daddy!" I giggle

"More than anythin' sweetheart" daddy says and carries me to his tent.

When he gets there he sets me down on his sleeping bag and sits next to me. "I want ye to have this" daddy says and pulls something out of his bag.

I watch as daddy puts a belt on my with something hanging off the edge. "What's this daddy?" I ask

"It's a knife.. I want ye to be able to protect yerself" daddy sighs.

"But that's what Rick and you are for" I say looking at the brown leather holster on my waist.

"We won' always be around baby girl" daddy sighs and picks me up, placing me on his lap. "But I'll do anythin' to protect my little girl"

"Daddy I don't want to get lost again" I say and lay my head on his chest.

Daddy lays down on the sleeping bag and holds me tightly. "Me either baby"

"Daddy can we go to a store and get some toys or somethin' cause I'm bored here" I ask lifting my head and giving daddy puppy dog eyes.

"I dont know baby it's dangerous" daddy says playing with my hair.

"Please daddy! Please please pleaseeee" I beg

"I'll see what's around" daddy says

"But you might get something I hate!" I complain.

Daddy groans "ok I'll see if it's dangerous out there and I might take you... might" daddy says adding emphasis on might.

"Yay!" I cheer and hug daddy.

"I said might" he warns but hugs me close to him anyways.

I get to go on a run with daddy like a big kid!

==========================

A/n: ok so I have a question!! If I made an Instagram page dedicated to my stories on Wattpad would anyone follow it?

I would post sneak peaks of chapters and let you know when I'm updating! And it could be a way to interact easier with you guys!

I could also post pictures that would go with the stories and even small stories that are random. Like maybe a short story about Peyton and Daryl.. almost like a flashback.

Or even write like diary inserts that go with pictures.

It's just an idea but I think it would be really cool but I actually want people to follow lol so would anyone??