Chapter 13

Daryl's POV

I never came back out of the tent since saying I wanted dad gone. It was Merle, Peyton and I and Peyton was fast asleep on my chest while I play with her hair.

"Thought ye' said she was dead" I say to Merle who was petting a sleeping Astro on his chest.

He peeks over at me through the corner of his eye and clears his throat. "Tha' doctor.. Jenner was his name I think? He told me she was dead.. told me they already carried 'er body off"

"Tha' son of a bitch! If he's at the CDC when we get there I'm gonna fuckin' kill 'em!" I growl, but not loud enough to wake Peyton.

"If I knew he was lyin' I woulda looked for 'er" Merle sighs.

I grunt in response and kiss Peyton's head. Slowly falling asleep myself.

=================

I wake up early the next morning to Merle getting dressed. I kiss Peyton's head and slowly get out of the sleeping bag without waking her and get dressed too.

Merle waits for me and we both go out together. When we're out we notice some of the guys around the tree my dad was tied up to.

Only when we got there, he wasn't tied up anymore, he was gone.

"Where the hell did he go?!" Merle asks from beside me.

"We don't know.. came out here and he was gone" rick sighs.

"We need to get outta 'ere before he comes back... Hell he might have a whole army hidden somewhere" I say, glancing back at my tent.

"Let's pack up.. head to the CDC" Rick instructs and everyone agrees and disperses, going to pack their stuff.

Merle and I walk back to our tent to pack. When we get in I squat next to Peyton and slowly shake her away. "Baby girl we gotta get up" I whisper pushing her hair out of her face.

She groans and rolls over. "I don't want to"

I chuckle and pull her to me. "We got to baby.. were leaving, you can sleep in the truck" I promise her and she just grunts... wonder where she learned that from.

"Get up and pack your clothes" I say patting her arm and stand up to begin to pack mine. Ever so slowly, Peyton gets up and puts her clothes in her bag.. very very slowly.

When I'm done packing mine I get ready to pack up the sleeping bag, only to find Peyton passed out on it.

I chuckle slightly and roll my eyes. I gently pick her up and carry her to the truck, laying her across the back seat. She curls herself up into a ball and I realize she's probably cold so I turn on the truck and turn the heater on.

I go back and pack the rest of Peyton's stuff and carry them to the truck before helping Merle take down the tent.

After an hour or so everyone was ready and loaded up. Peyton was still fast asleep. Poor baby hasn't slept very well lately.

"Alright everyone, we'll be on channel 40 on the cb.. if you need anything or run out of gas honk once and that will stop the caravan.. any questions?" Rick instructs and everyone nods.

"We're not going" Morales says standing by his family. "We have family in Birmingham, we want to be with our people"

"You sure? You won't have anyone to watch your back" Shane asks.

"I have to do what's best for my family" Morales says, wrapping an arm around his wife.

Rick nods and digs in the gun bag, giving him a handgun and bullets. Merle and I both scoff at the same time. Dumbass is wasting our ammo!

"Let's head out!" Rick says and everyone gets into their cars.

I hope this CDC place is safe. And if that dumbass Dr. Jenner is there, were gonna have a problem.

I look in the rear view mirror and see my baby girl sleeping peacefully across the back seat. I smile to myself and sigh. I don't know what I would do without her to keep me sane.

=====================

A/n: going to the CDC!!! And uh uh .. Grandpa Dixon is MIA!!!

What's Daryl gonna do when if he sees Jenner?! How will that end up?!

What about Merle?! Will he do anything.

No Merle is not getting handcuffed in Atlanta get over it! I love Merle so he no lose his hand yet.

Dont forget to submit a request for my imagines book! I'm updating it tomorrow!!

Oh and if you ask for Chandler/Carl ones they might not be as good because I'm not really a huge fan ((I like him still tho!!)) and don't get "feels" from him lol but I still try my best!! I love writing Daryl/ Norman and Rick ones.. I've never tried a Glenn or anyone else though.

But I will write whatever you want or whatever imagine you want!!

Please send requests because I can't update that book if I don't have them!'

Don't be scared to either I don't bite (cliché I know)