Chapter 22

Peyton's POV

Another 5 days passed since I've seen daddy. That's 10 days total. I can't take being away from daddy anymore! Maggie promised we would find him but we haven't even looked!

I think back to all the fun times I had with daddy... I loved when me and daddy would eat a bunch of candy and watch spongebob all day on the couch! I loved it when daddy would play airplanes and carry me around the house on his back. I loved daddy tucking me in at night and singing me our song. I miss daddy so much and I can't take it anymore! Have you ever missed someone so much it physically hurt? Yeah that's me right now and i dont know if I can go another day crying myself to sleep

I've made up my mind! In going to search for daddy by myself today! No one or nothing is gonna stop me from getting my way!

Everyone is in the living room right now going over bible verses. "can I go to the bathroom?" I ask quietly when the room became silent.

"Sure go on ahead sweetheart" Hershel smiles and I smile back and stand up, walking towards the bathroom but I make a quick stop in the kitchen.

Very very quietly I grab a knife from the counter and sneak into the bathroom where there's a window.

'Ok now how do I open this' I question and start fiddling with everything.

Finally after a minute if struggling the latch opens and I'm able to open the window and climb out. Sure I'm only 6 but when you want your daddy you'd do anything. That's what I'm doing now. Yes I'm scared but I need to find daddy or else I'll never be safe and happy again.

Shakily, I hold the knife out in front of me as I walk down the long dirt driveway and into the woods in the direction I remember Maggie brining me from.

Everything looks the same in the woods, everything. I don't get how daddy loves hunting! How does he not get lost! Maybe daddy is a lot smarter than I think.

I walk in a straight line forever.. surely I'll get back to the highway this way right?

Lots of walking was done in only 2 hours. I find myself leaning up against a tree sweating. I should've brought water with me.

A twig snapped somewhere in front of me and I look, frightened, at what caused the noise. I've never killed a walker and I'm kinda scared to.

I put my knife down though when I see a pretty buck step out into view. It reminded me of daddy.

Slowly with my hand outstretched, I crept up to the deer, hoping to be able to pet it.

"Here boy" I coo, walking closer to the brown animal.

As I'm almost able to touch the deer, a horrible pain shoots through my stomach causing me to fall to the ground. I notice the deer also fall.

I'm still awake and my stomach hurts really really bad.

I look down to see an arrow with orange and black fletchings sticking from my stomach. Daddy?

=====================

A/n: sooooo thought I'd leave yall with a cliffhanger... you're welcome. This is a short chapter because I already updated today so yeah... longer chapter tomorrow or later .. depends.

Anywhore..... Someone commented this idea I thought this was really good and I just liked it a lot so bam... I did it!