Chapter 6

((Read authors note at end of story))

Peyton's POV

Rick and I drove around for quite awhile till the car slowly pulled to a stop in the middle of the road. "Rick? Why are we stoping here?" I ask confused.

Rick slams his hand on the steering wheel and pulls at hair. "We gotta walk" he sighs.

"Why?" I ask

"Out of gas" he says grabbing the bags.

Rick had two duffle bags and the gas container. "come on sweetheart" he says walking away from the car. I grab Astros leash from the back seat and lead him out. ((A/n: totally forgot she had a dog.. whoops.))

I jog to catch up to him and skip beside Rick as we walk down the road. Every once in a while Astro would stop to pee. "Rick are we there yet?" I ask impatiently.

Rick sighs and shakes his head "don't start that"

Finally, after forever we reached a house. It was yellow and had a barn and a horse too. There was also a pink play set.. I always wanted one but daddy said he didn't have enough money to buy it.

Rick cautiously walked up to the house. He stopped to set down his two duffle bags. "Rick can I go play on the swings?" I ask starring at them in awe.

Rick looked at me hesitant and back to the house, then all around the yard and sighed. "Be careful, stay where I can see you" he warned like daddy always did.

I nod and run over to the set and slide down the slide before swinging. I didn't get very high because I didn't know how to swing.

After like 5 minutes Rick came back looking like he was gonna throw up. He walked over next to me. "Get gas?" I ask dragging my feet in the dirt.

"No" Rick mumbles shaking his head. He looks at me and smirks. "Thought you said you were going to swing?" He asks noticing me just sitting on them.

I sigh "I dont know how"

Rick sets the gas can down and walks behind me. "Hold on" he says before grabbing the chains on the swing and pushing me forward high in the air and then backwards above his head before letting go.

I squeal happily and Rick laughs as he continued to push me. After he was tired he sat on the swing next to mine watching me until the swing stopped.

"Do you know how to swing?" I ask.

Rick laughs and nods his head. "Of course"

"Can you teach me?" I ask smiling.

Rick then shows me how you have to push your legs out when you go up and bend them when you go back down.

After several tries I was finally able to swing by myself. "Yay Rick look! I can do it!" I cheer happily.

He laughs and claps "good job, you're a fast learner"

"Can you help me on the Monkey bars?" I ask still swinging.

Rick thinks for a second and nods. "Sure why not... all we have is time"

Rick stands up and stands in front of me, catching me and stopping me from swinging. He picks me up and sets me down on the ground and I take off running, climbing up the set and to the monkey bars part. I've never tried them before and they look scary.

Rick meets me and stands underneath me. I giggle and Rick looks at me curiously "you're small!" I laugh.

Rick shakes his head and holds his arms out just incase I fall. I reach for the first bar and hold on to it. "Come on, you can do it" Rick cheers underneath me when he notices my hesitation.

I take a deep breath and drop my legs, holding myself up. I reach for the next bar and swing my legs, successfully grabbing it. "they're you go!" Rick continues to cheer.

I get all the way to the second to last bar and my hands become sweaty, when I let go of the bar my hands slip and I fall.

I scream scared but instead of feeling the hard ground, I feel Rick holding me. "I got you" he says and sets me down.

I take a deep breath and sigh "I was almost there"

"You did good" Rick laughs. "Come on, let's see if that horse has a saddle."

"Ok... come on Astro!" I yell and he runs towards me, his tail wagging.

Rick holds my hand as we walk to the barn. Rick suddenly stops and turns to me "oh yeah, I found you something." he points to a black duffle bag sitting next to his. "It's clothes that will fit you"

"Thanks Rick!" I hug him and he laughs, patting my back.

We continue walking to the barn and Rick goes in, saddling the horse up.

Once we get all our bags Rick helps me up on the horse, me sitting in front of him and him holding me so I don't fall off. He hands me Astro and I hold onto him as we take off.

I hold onto my bag and Rick throws his around his shoulder. "Alright, let's take it easy" Rick mutters talking to the horse.

The horse then neighs and takes off running, causing me to laugh and Rick to hold on tighter.

As the days pass, I'm able to not be as sad about not being with daddy. I mean, Rick is doing just as good of a job as daddy and Rick doesn't get mad over little things like daddy sometimes does. But don't get me wrong, I love daddy and hope we find him. I'm just a little mad because daddy doesn't look for me and I wouldn't be mad spending a few more days with Rick.

=====================

A/n: forever wishing I was Peyton :,(

Rick is teaching Peyton little things that most dads teach their kids awe..

Questionnnnsss for this chapter below!

1.) Why is Rick being so protective and caring to Peyton?

2.) Who wishes they were Peyton.. ((me))

3.) Whose ready for a Dixon reunion?? ((Me again))

4.) I'm thinking of a number between 1-50.. If someone guess it I will update tonight ;)

5.) um.. someone start a random comment story and you can only use two words at a time ((I love these)) I'll start.....

Today I...

Ok that's all

~xoxo~