Chapter 26

Peyton's POV

"Daddy!" I squeal as I see him standing in the doorway. I can't believe daddy was actually here! It's been so long.

Daddy snaps out of his 'mad' gaze and looks relieved. "Baby" he mumbles and rushes by my side, grabbing my hand.

"I'm missed you so much daddy" I cry

"I know baby I missed ye' more" daddy whispers and kisses my hand several times. "I'm so sorry" daddy adds.

"For what daddy?" I ask. Why is daddy sorry?

Daddy looks at me confused. "For shooting ye'?" He says in more of a question.

What?! Daddy shot me?! Why would he do that. "You shot me?!" I ask surprised.

Daddy sighs and lowers his head nodding. "It was an accident baby"

"What happened?"

"I was lookin' for ye' and I came across this big buck... I had the shot lined up and made a perfect shot... I had no idea ye' were on the other side.. arrow went clean through the deer and into yer little stomach" daddy whispers, holding onto my hand the whole time.

"Oh well it's ok daddy.. you're here now and that makes it better" I smile and try to move closer to daddy but my stomach stretches and it hurt really badly. "Ow" I cry.

"Stay still baby" daddy tells me and I nod.

"But I want to hug you daddy" I cry, I only feel truly safe when daddy hugs me, there I feel invincible.

Daddy smiles and gently moves me over on the bed, then he lays down and pulls me closer to him.

"Daddy you smell" I joke as I lay my head down on his chest.

Daddy scoffs and plays with my hair. "I smell like a badass"

"Daddy you're silly" I laugh and poke his chest. I missed daddy so much!

"I'm never letting ye' go again" daddy whispers and kisses my head.

I just sigh.

"Who's wrong baby girl?" Daddy asks.

"You always say that daddy" I answer and close my eyes, trying not to let a tear fall.

"Baby" daddy's voice crack. I knew it was too soon to say something like that. "I'm sorry.. it won't happen again"

"Have you been nice?" I ask trying to make daddy happy again. I hate it when daddy is sad!

Daddy just grunts. "i told you to be nice!" I yell at him and sit up. My stomach screaming in pain makes me collapse back onto daddy.

"Easy baby... I wasn't even around them.. I punched Shane though" daddy whispers and I giggle.

"That's ok daddy!"

Daddy laughs an actual laughs and hugs me closer to him. "Shane's an ass sweetheart.. I want ye' to stay away from him"

"Shane's an ass" I repeat and look up at daddy.

Daddy tries to keep a straight face but can't and starts laughing. "Sweetheart ye' can't say that"

"Ass? Shane's an ass!" I giggle and daddy places his hand over my mouth.

"Shh.. ok ok just don't say bad words to me or uncle Merle.." daddy whispers in my ear as a secret.

I smile and kiss daddy's cheek. "Ok daddy"

"Love ye' princess" daddy whispers and kisses my cheek back.

"Love you more daddy" I giggle.

"Nu-uh" daddy scrunched his face him and poked my nose.

I look down and saw a stuffed camouflage dog hanging from daddy's belt. "What's that daddy?" I ask pointing to it.

Daddy looks down and smiles before pulling it from his belt and setting the dog on my stomach. "I found it and I thought ye' would like it"

"I love it daddy" I smile and wrap my arms around daddy's neck, hugging him tightly despite the horrible feeling on my stomach.

"I'm never letting ye' go again... for real this time." Daddy whispers and kisses my head.

I Decide not to say anything this time because I know it hurts daddy when I say anything about him not being able to save me.

I smile and hug the stuffed dog tightly to me and grab daddy's big hand in mine.

I was almost asleep when someone walked into the room. "We need help unloading some stuff" I hear Shane's voice from the door.

I open my eyes and there he stood staring at daddy. Daddy looked away from me and at him before sighing and standing up, dropping my hand. "Don't leave me daddy" I beg, pouting my bottom lip out.

Daddy looks back at me then to Shane. "We need you Daryl come on" Shane says.

"I'll be back sweetheart I promise" daddy sighs and walks out of the room.

I pout and hug my doggy with both my arms. I wish me and daddy could go back to watching tv on the couch together... just me and him. That's how I liked it. Before Ashley and all that. Now I hardly get any alone time with daddy. It sucks.

========================
A/n: I know this is a sucky chapter I'm sorry I just felt there needed to be a little Daryl/Peyton chapter

Sorry for not updating in forever.