Chapter twentythree- Archibalds Green Gables

I sat on my bed, typing my valedictorian speech for this Thursday, as I typed my last word I heard.
"Mr. Nate, hello-" Deena said, I looked at my door.
"Adelaide, I need Adelaide." I heard Nate say.
"She's busy Mr. Nate, she needs speech done by Graduation." Deena said.
"Where is she?" He said, getting angry.
"Her bedroom mr. Nate. But.." I heard stomping, and then he opened my door.
Deena behind him, I looked at Nate.
"I'm sorry miss Adelaide, I told him you're busy." She said.
"Listen, it's okay. Shut the door, Nate.." I said, as she did. And he sat on the bed.
"What's wrong sweetie?" I rubbed his arm.
"Blair..." He shook his head. I shut my laptop, and moved to him. I grabbed his arm, and smoothed his shoulders.
"What happened?" I asked.
"She told me when we broke up, she had sex with Chuck, while you guys were dating." Nate looked at me.
"This happened a year ago Nate. Why, how do you just know about this now?" I asked.
"She deleted everything, nobody told me, and when you went to Europe I just thought Chuck cheated on you, with some random prostitute or west side chick. Not, you're best friend." He said.
"Nate." I said, feeling sorry. He cried.
"Nate, please don't cry." I said, my throat swelling up.
"I love you Adelaide, I always have.." He said.
"I love you too Nate." I said, he looked at me.
"Not that, Adelaide. I'm in love with you." He said.
"Nate, Nate Nate. No. No. No." I said, moving back.
"Adelaide, you've always known don't lie!" He said.
"I just thought you were a flirt, I can't do this. You were in love with Serena 2 years ago Nate." I said.
"I wasn't, it's been you. It's always been you." He said, moving closer on the bed. I looked into his blue eyes.
I didn't move, why couldn't I move.
His hand touched mine, and it made my fall back, his fingers laced into mine, as he looked at me.
Chuck.
Chuck Bass, my boyfriend.
My..
"Nate.." I said, and then he kissed me. I held his hair, and he kissed my neck. Holding my thigh against his.
He kissed my breasts and then.
"Oh god Chuck." I said.
He stopped, and looked at me.
"I'm sorry." I said grabbing his cheeks. "No, no." He said, putting his hands on mine removing them.
"I shouldn't have done this, you love Chuck." He said.
"Listen, Nate baby I'm sorry, I mean a couple of years ago, yes I would've been full on ride. But, I'm in love with Chuck." I said.
"In love with him? Do you remember the way he treated you after his father died. He cheated on you twice Adelaide. TWICE. And you keep going back to him, you trust him that he won't hurt you and in the end that's all he does. That's all he's ever gonna do hurt you. Cause after all he is Chuck Bass and he doesn't care about anybody but himself." Nate said. I looked at him, and placed my head on his shoulder.
"I love him Nate, I just.." I said. He nodded, and petted my hair.
"I understand, listen can we forget this ever happened? If Blair found out it'll ruin everything." He said.
"It's forgotten." I said, getting up from looking at him. He smiled at me, and kissed my cheek.
"You're an amazing woman Addie. Chuck's lucky." He smiled. Nate got up, and my chin started trembling. I got up, and looked at him.
"Wait, Nate," I said my voice cracked, he looked at me. And I hugged him. My cheek on his chest.
"I'm sorry Nate." I said. He petted my hair, and his face was in my hair.
"I love you." He said.
"I love you also Nate." I said. He held me and looked down at me, I was crying.
"Why are you crying Lay?" He laughed.
I shook my head.
"In some alternate universe we would be so happy together Nate."
I said.
He shook his head.
"No, no. Because somewhere you will always love Chuck more than me, for now were like brother and sister." He said.
I looked up at him.
"Your eyes say something different." I said, he coughed.
"Even if.. We would be happy, we wouldn't be entirely happy you know." He said. I nodded, and he kissed the top of my head. I heard footsteps outside my door.
"MR CHUCK WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE." I heard Deena scream, Nate looked at me.
And we sat on the bed, and I opened my laptop.
"Hey Deena." He said, he walked into my bedroom to find me laying down and Nate on the foot laying looking at my homework.
I looked at Chuck. "Hey babe." I said leaning up as we kissed.
Nate looked at us, and I smiled against Chuck's lips.
"What's going on here?" He asked. Nate smiled, and I looked at Chuck, and laid back down.
"He came over because we were discussing what were gonna do at Columbia since were both going." I smiled.
"Oh yeah." Chuck said.
"My best friend, and my girlfriend." He said, he sat down, and grabbed my feet. Nate smiled, and I looked at Chuck.
"Just a couple of more days and were free!" I sung, Nate laughed.
And Chuck snickered.
"Were still going to the campus run right?" I asked Nate, he nodded.
"Wouldn't go without you." He said. I highfived him.
"When is that?" Chuck asked.
I looked at Nate.
"Tomorrow, I'll come pick her up." He said.
Chucks jaw tensed.
"If that's alright with you man." He asked.
Chuck nodded.
"That's fine, I don't mind I trust you guys." He said.
If only he walked in ten minutes ago.