23). Graveyard Blues

Start from the beginning

Unlocking the front door, He made sure to stand in front of Thea shielding her on the chance Jack was walking around naked. To Zack's relief Jack wore clothes for once in his life and was sitting on the couch fiddling with his guitar. "Zack, Thea" He acknowledged them as they walked into the lounge.

"Dude go to bed, you look like shit." Zack informed Jack before collapsing on the couch beside him. Jack did in fact look terrible but that was the result of yesterdays late night and today's hangover.

"I may look like shit but you'd still bang me." Jack smiled before adding in. "No offense Thea"

"None taken, I always thought it was Merrickat was real not Jalex" She joked. Still standing in the living room, Thea kept blinking to keep herself awake.

"Oh Thea, I almost forgot. This real creepy middle aged lady came up to the door asking for you. She told me to give you this letter but dude, she looked like someone shoved a broomstick up her ass." Jack added, setting his guitar aside and grabbing a letter from the coffee table.

"Thee, that look's like that letter that was in you're apartment ages ago." Zack pointed out, grabbing the letter from Jack's hands and inspecting it carefully.

Feeling the colour drain from her face, Thea stared at the letter that  Zack was holding carelessly between his fingers. How did Donna know she would be here? Thousands of thoughts buzzed through Thea's mind. Today just wasn't her day, first Zack's parents, second her own parent, and now this. Holding her breathe, Thea silently prayed to anyone who was listening that Zack didn't make the connection.

"Jack what did the lady even look like?" Zack asked curious of why anyone who leave Thea a letter at his house of all places.

"Um... She was definitely a cougar, middle age, she also had these gross pointy fingers." Jack continued, before getting up off the couch to put his guitar away.

" Fuck" Thea suddenly swore out loud, causing both guys to turn and stare at her. Running both her hands through her hair, she looked back at them, not knowing what to say. She knew by the expression on Zack's face he had put the pieces together.

"Thea how long has she been sending you letters?" Zack asked not hiding the betrayal in his voice. Bawling up his fists tightly, he tried not being angry but he thought Thea trusted him.  Thinking about it, he was an idiot not to realize it was Donna sending those letters to Thea.

"She's only send a couple before Zack" Thea defended herself.

"Why didn't you tell me, Thea, I thought Donna was in the past. I thought you could trust me with your secrets." Zack lashed out, raising his voice above it's normal hushed tone.

"I didn't tell you because maybe Zack I didn't want you to know. Donna's my problem not yours you don't have to impose yourself into all my problems" Thea yelled back. The pair were exhausted and angry enough to forget about Jack who was in the other room.

"Yeah well maybe Thea I want to help. Stop pushing people away that's all you ever do" Zack argued his anger controlling his tongue.

"Don't you get it! Zack don't you think that I know that. I didn't mean to push my parents away I was protecting them like I was protecting you from Donna." Thea kept yelling, more tears threading to spill.

"I don't need protecting Thea!" He shouted.

"Yes you do. Zack you don't know Donna like I do" Thea yelled.

"Well it looks like Donna knows you better than I do" Zack blurted out, wondering why his girlfriend was being so stupid. He wanted to help her but how could he when was keeping secrets from him.

"You know what? Fuck you Zack." Thea cut in, before walking out the room slamming the door. It was when he heard the front door slam shut, did he realize the full extend of what he's done. Looking at the empty room, Zack felt stupid for letting his anger take over. His eyes burnt but he refused to cry, he might have just lost her because of his own words.

"Zack normally this would be the cliche moment to tell you to go after her but I suggest not." Jack advised, after standing on the sidelines of their argument.

"It's my fault" Zack groaned, dropping down back onto the couch. Putting his head in his hands, he stared blankly at the floor wondering if he could turn back time. 

"I suck at commitment dude, but trust me on this one relationship advice. It's both yours ad Thea's fault." Jack continued before grabbing a bottle of wine of the bench, pouring them both a drink.

"I should go get her." Zack concluded, looking up at Jack holding both glasses of wine.

"Wait what? Dude weren't you listening to me." Jack interjected.

"It's dark and freezing. She's outside alone, I can't just leave her alone." Zack continued, getting back off the couch.

"Zack, this isn't a chick flick. If you go after Thea, I guarantee she will punch you in the face." Jack advised, thinking back to the time where he jumped out to scare her and almost got kicked in the crotch.

"Then what do I do?" He asked.

"Zack your not  doing anything, I'll go get her and drop her off at her apartment. I don't think she wants to see you again that argument was pretty intense..." Jack continued, unsure of what was the best option for both of his friends.