Chapter 37

Draco POV

I can't take this anymore, how long does it take to answer a simple question and why does he have to do it when I'm not there. A horrible sickening feelings took over me and I tried to come to grips with what has happened in the past few days. Rhiannon has nearly died so many times and every time I could have protected her. I could have done something about it, if I wasn't such a pathetic coward. She was nearly murdered by Aaron all because I ran away with my Aunt after Dumbledore was murdered. If I had looked after Rhiannon, put her first then maybe she wouldn't have been nearly killed.

Before I could think it over anymore, Aaron and Rhiannon returned from the balcony and came into the living room. Rhiannon looked pale and Aaron appeared to have lost his arrogant smirk.
"Is everything ok?" I asked her, holding her face in my hands. She pushed me away and ran upstairs. I wanted to run after her but I could tell that she wanted to be alone. I turned to Aaron, pulling my wand out. I walked towards him, my wand pointed at his throat, Aaron stumbled and hit the wall.
"What did you do to her? What did you say?" I screamed in his face, he held his hands out in defense.
"Draco listen mate..." He started.
"I AM NOT YOUR MATE!" I spat.
"Okay, okay just calm down. I didn't do anything, just chill," he said calmly and slowly. I know I can't kill him that will just cause more problems than it will solve and I can't put Rhainnon in anymore danger. I lowered my wand and let Aaron let out a low breath. I walked away from him and went upstairs to find Rhainnon.
"I told her the truth," Aaron said just as I reached the stairs, I turned on my heels and looked at him sharply.
"What truth?"
"The truth of how I feel about her,"
"I think you made that pretty clear when you tried to kill her!"
"Draco, surely you of all people understand that when the Dark Lord tells you to do something...You do it,"
"But why would he tell you to try and kill her?" I asked in confusion, surely he made it very clear that she should not be harmed. She seemed so important to him, none of it made sense.
"My aim was never to kill her Draco. I would have died before I would ever hurt her; I thought you would have given me at least that. The Dark Lord wanted Rhainnon to befriend Potter, Weasley and that filthy Mudblood Granger so that she would find out things. He knew she would never do it if he asked. He's smart Draco, smarter than any of us, be careful or Rhainnon is going to get hurt," he said, it took a while to sink in but all at once it made sense and I felt weak. Rhainnon was in more danger than I could have ever imagined. She had been played, we all had and there was now nothing we could do about it.
"Thank you Aaron, for telling me this," I gave him a nod and went to walk up the stairs again.
"Draco," he called, I turned to look at him. He suddenly looked nervous, "protect her," he mumbled, I nodded and then he was gone. So much for looking after us but that wasn't my biggest worry at the moment....What was I going to do?

Awww so Aaron isn't so bad after all. I love Aaron x. Its all going to start kicking off now, so excited for you to read it.

DON'T FORGET TO COMMENT, VOTE AND LOVE x