Chapter 20

Let me know if there is any mistakes(:

•••

The rest of the week went by fairly quick. It was the same thing every day. Work, home, spend time with Harry, bed.

The cycle seems to be making me tired and it's only been a week. But it's Saturday and Harry and I are headed to Scottys funeral.

I feel uncomfortable when I'm greeted by Mrs. Lockwood at the door. She apologizes again and I ran into Scottys father going to sit down.

"Louis" he seems surprised.

"Yes"

"Um, how've you been?" He questions obviously uncomfortable.

"I'm fine, and I'm sorry for your loss" I nod

"You seem okay, especially bring him with you" he scoffs and Mrs. Lockwood rushes toward us.

"Terry, don't you dare blame him for bringing someone who treats him good" she frowns and knits her eyebrows together.

"Im sorry" she shakes her head.

I just nod and Harry and I take our seats in the back. People don't seem to notice me or Harry. And I'm thankful.

We spend the next few hours listening to how Scotty was in the wrong crowd, but he was a nice boy. Harry squeezes my thigh a few time to just to make a point.

It nears the end and Mrs. Lockwood stand in front of everyone thanking them. Harry is up and guiding me out the door as soon as it's over.

"That was a bunch of fucking bull shit" he spits when he gets into the car.

"Harry" I snap.

"What? You know it was. That kid only cared about himself" he scoffs.

I decide to just brush it off because in some way Harry is right. Harry starts driving and I rest my head on the head rest.

I'm thankful that Harry didn't blow up during the funeral. I don't think Harry realizes that his death does hurt me in some way. No I didn't still have feelings for him, but he was apart of my life for a long time.

"Mum wants us to have dinner with her and dad" Harry sighs setting his phone in his lap.

"Alright" I agree. I'm very nervous, after what Harry told me about his dad

"We don't have to, we can just order something if you want" he shrugs almost reading my mind.

"No, I just. I don't know the scar and your dad-" he cuts me off "I know, it took me forever to get use to seeing him and not being scared of him all the time. But if you avoid him all the time then you'll never get use to it" he pauses. "He's changed, and as long as I don't find any sign that he's hurting her anymore than that's it. But if I do, he's dead." He finished serious.

"I just hate that he hurt you" I shake my head in disbelief

"It's okay, let's just get this over with" he groans and pulls into the drive.

We get out and and he leads me to the door by the small of my back. He goes in before me and intertwines our fingers, and I almost forgot how nice it is to live in an actual house.

Anne is leaving down checking something in the oven when we walk into the kitchen. Her short hair is pulled into a low pony and an apron hangs from her neck. Once she realizes that we are here she perks up and slips the apron off her neck and places it neatly on the counter.