Chapter 2

Let me know if there are any mistakes!(:

•••••

My eyes flutter open and my room is pitch black except for the green flashing numbers that read 4:43AM. I groan and rest my head against my soft pillow.

Sleep threatens to take over again until I hear glass shatter from down stairs. I jolt up and push the covers off. My feet move before I can stop them and I'm down stairs. My mom stands in the kitchens trying to pick up the broken glass. I go to the closet and pull out a dust pan and broom.

"I'll get it" I say quietly and she moves away.

"Sorry for waking you" she looks down and fiddles withy the hem of her shirt.

"I was already up" I assure her.

I look at her and she's wearing the same clothes as she was at dinner. She must not have went to sleep. I worry for my mother a lot.

"I was just getting things ready for tonight" she explains and take the dust pan and throws the glass away.

"Tonight?" I question nervously.

"My old friends from college are coming for dinner, their son goes to your school... his name is Harry I think" she says setting the stuff into the closet.

"Styles?" My voice is shaky. She nods.

"Oh" is all that I can say. She returns to digging through things and I go back upstairs. It's only 5AM but I decide to get dressed. I'm not feeling very good today so I just put on some tight jeans, a tee-shirt, hoodie, and vans.

I go back downstairs and my mother eyes my outfit but I choose to ignore it. I pour myself a bowl of cereal and eat still watching my mother panic about the dinner. If Harrys parents are anything like him I don't think this will end well.

"I'll help cook when I get back from school" I tell her setting my bowl into the sink. Her eyes are wide and I can tell she didn't expect me to say anything. She nods and smiles and I dismiss myself.

Six thirty comes quickly and I head to Nialls. When he gets in he eyes my outfit and tells me i look better in jeans. My face flushes and we get to school a little later than usual. People stare but I'm not sure why, because of my clothes and change in appearance, or the heavy bags under my eyes and my messy hair.

I grab my books from my locker and head towards first period. I pass Harry and Liam and niether of them acknowledge me. I sigh in relief and take my seat.

Fifth period comes and when I enter the class I'm taken back as I see harry, who has never been in here, in the seat next to mine. I slowly take my seat and dig out my notebook.

"Alright class, today we will be going over our semester project" oh no. Her words click and I'm terrified. Not of the project but I've read books. I'll get paired with harry and he'll torture me more but I won't be able to help falling for his gorgeous eyes.

Gorgeous? What the hell was that? I scold myself for cursing, even though it was only in my mind.

"Louis you'll be with Skylar" Mrs. Braxton tells me and I smile politely over at the brown eyed girl. She's smart and I wouldn't mind working with her.

I write everything down I need to know for the assignment and skylar and I talk about when we will work on it and where.

The bell sounds and I take my time because it's just lunch. "I can reassign you partners if it would help" Mrs. Braxton's eyes fill with worry. I put my last notebook into my my bag stand.

"How about Louis?" My head snaps toward her as I hear my name. Harry's eyes meet mine and I almost panic.

"Hell no" he spits.