Chapter 4 - Perfect

~Rosie~

I quickly wiped my tears away and focused my gaze on the movie. The characters on the screen were embracing each other and gazing at each other with love in their eyes. Watching them made even more tears fall down my face. It reminded me of the loving moments I had spent with Zander. I couldn't handle it and looked away, feeling Zander's gaze on me the whole time.

I pulled my knees up to my chest and buried my face into my arms. "I'm sorry Rosie." Zander sincerely began. "I can't love you, especially not how much you seem to love me. I can't imagine ever loving anyone romantically. It just doesn't seem possible to me. I've never loved anyone like that before. The only love I have is for my family."

His words made me cry even harder. It's like I don't even know him anymore. He's so different. He's not really like the cold-hearted Zander I met for the very first time and he's definitely not like the Zander who loved me. This Zander seems so different.

I lifted my gaze up to meet his. "But it is possible for you to love someone like that. You loved me like that. You loved me so much. Just as much as I love you." I started. "I miss you Zander. I miss your love. I miss the way you held me. The way you held me when I was sad, when I was happy. The way you held me when we... When we completed the mate bond. I miss the way you kissed me. I miss the way you told me you loved me. I miss the way you showed me your love for me. I miss the way you wiped my tears away. I miss your loving smile that glowed so bright for me. I even miss your eggshell pancakes. I'd eat those for the rest of my life, never eating anything else, if it meant I could feel your love for just one more day. Even a moment of your love would be amazing."

"My eggshell pancakes? What do you mean my eggshell pancakes? I don't cook or bake or make anything food related. I've never done anything like that ever in my life." Zander said, confused, looking to me for an answer.

I giggled recalling that day. Zander had baked me pancakes to apologize for locking me up in his room all afternoon and night because he thought I kissed Danny back. The pancakes he made tasted absolutely horrible because he had mixed the eggshells into the pancake mix as well.

"Yes, you're eggshell pancakes. You made them for me for breakfast this one time." I said, causing Zander to look back at me with complete shock and surprise.

"And I knew how to?" He asked incredulously.

"No you didn't actually. But you found a recipe and tried to learn from it." I explained to him with a faint smile on my face at the memory.

"I tried to learn an entire recipe? For you?" He asked, not seeming to grasp that concept. I nodded my head in response.

"Wow! I really was in love with you, wasn't I? I love my parents a lot but I don't think I'd ever try to learn how to cook something for them. Yet I tried to cook for you? This is fascinating and strange at the same time." He stared back curiously. He then cautiously reached out and placed his hand on my shoulder, making sparks shoot through his fingers and into my body. He immediately pulled his hand away, feeling the sparks as well. He stared down at his hand as if it was some foreign object. Then he looked back at me with an intense look in his eyes. After a long moment of silence I decided to break it.

"So Zander I was wondering if you would let me help you remember everything. I talked to Nurse Selene and she said, in order for you to fully and quickly regain your memories, you have to spend time with people that are close to you and let them help you remember everything you don't." I said as I hesitantly grabbed his hand in mine.

He tensed up and immediately pulled his hand away from mine as if he was disgusted by it. "Don't touch me Rosie. Just because I'm talking to you and just because my family and friends like you, doesn't mean I do too." He growled out with his eyes blazing with anger.