Chapter 19: A Is For Awkward

A/N: 3K reads and almost 300 votes? You guys are phenomenal 😘😘😘❤❤❤! I still fangirl every single time! You guys have no idea how much I appreciate it!

I feel like I've been neglecting this book over the past few days because at first I didn't know where to go with this chapter and also because I've been focusing on my other Em fanfic Love & Recovery (which you should definitely check out).

But anyway, who's ready for an awkward chapter?
-reignofshady 😈
__________________________

Aurora got into her car, grateful that work was slow today. Her manager had just told her to go home because of the lack of business. Aurora wanted to jump for joy when she clocked out, but couldn't because of obvious reasons. While driving, she let her mind drift to Marshall. He always seemed to occupy her thoughts now. Tanya was still the only one who for sure knew about Aurora's feelings for him. Aurora had a hunch that DeShaun knew because he would always give her knowing looks. She could feel it in her gut that he knew about her feelings before she even realized them. She made a mental note to talk to him about that.

She arrived home and got out of her car, locking it. She unlocked the front door and entered the empty house, her mom gone at work. Sarah worked very hard to support the both of them, and for that Aurora was very grateful. It still amazes her how much their relationship had completely did a three sixty. A year ago, she never would have expected it.

Aurora went to her room, and changed out of her work clothes. She wrapped her towel around herself and went into the shower. She rubbed her rosemary bar soap onto her loofah until it got foamy, and began to gently scrub at her body. She squirted her peach shampoo onto her hand and worked that into her hair.

Ten minutes later, she was done showering, and she got dressed into sweats and a loose T. She descended the stairs then scanned the fridge because she was starving. She was craving something sweet, so she pulled out cinnamon rolls. To complement them, she poured herself a glass of apple juice. She also grabbed the bag of Nacho Cheese Doritos from the pantry that was left over from the party.

She got everything, her arms full of stuff, and slowly walked over to the living room, being very careful not to spill her juice. She set everything on the coffee table, and flipped on the TV to the hilarious sitcom Family Matters. She watched the show, laughing every now and then, while also munching on her food.

All of a sudden, an idea came to Aurora. She turned off the TV, quickly washed her dirty dishes, got a mint and grabbed her keys. She slipped on a pair of athletic slides, and then she was out the door. She started her car before she could change her mind. Humming along to the songs on the radio until she arrived at her destination.

Aurora knocked on the door. Then she stepped back as she waited for someone to answer. After a few moments, the door swung open and revealed a surprised Marshall.

"What'chu doing here?" he asked, a confused expression etched on his face. He drew her in for a hug and briefly kissed her cheek.

"I wanted to surprise you. I know today's your off, and we were really slow today at work, so I decided to stop by." Aurora replied, smiling.

"That's sweet of you baby girl." he smiled slightly. "You know, Mike and them were here like twenty minutes ago. You just missed them." Marshall informed, shutting the door behind them. They trekked to the living room. Many alcohol bottles were littered on the floor, looking like they were shoved to one side of the room. On the floor was Nathan. He was very preoccupied, playing with his toys and making various car and train noises, so he hadn't noticed Aurora come in.

"Damn. Should've came here earlier." she cursed. "Oh by the way, how's the demo going?"

"It's aight. We might be performing on Lisa Lisa's live when it's all finished."