Chapter 2: Meeting Him

When Aurora entered through the door, Brett was the first thing she saw.

"Who was that boy you were with?" he asked sternly, with his arms folded across his chest.

"A friend I made." Aurora responded quietly.

"Friend? Ha, bullshit! A slut like you doesn't have any friends!" he barked, spit flying out of his mouth.

Aurora looked at the floor, deeply hurt.

"I better not see you with him again! Or any other boy!" Brett warned and then proceeded to slap her harshly across the face, the sound echoing around the room. Holding back tears, Aurora nodded and trotted upstairs. When she reached her room, she collapsed onto her bed. At times like this, she really felt an urge to cut. No, I can't, she thought. Her eyes fell to her left wrist. I'm past that now. She didn't know what she did to be treated like this. She really missed her biological father. He was in a car accident, and died when she was only nine years old. A lone tear fell down her cheek. I miss you daddy.

*

Finally, Aurora's first day at Lincoln High School had arrived. Her alarm rang at seven in the morning, the loud ringing noise snapping her out of her slumber. She groaned and got out of bed, stretching her limbs in the process, then took a quick shower. After her shower, she got dressed into a black hoodie, jeans, and an old pair of Chucks. Aurora went downstairs, ate breakfast, then went back upstairs to brush her teeth. She quickly passed by her room to check the time. Seven thirty. School started in fifteen minutes. When she had gone back downstairs, her mom was in the garage, yelling at her to get in the car. Aurora got in and was on her way to school.

*

Aurora was lost. She couldn't find any of her classes, even when using a map. Finally, she somehow miraculously found her first class, math. It was a miracle that she wasn't late. The teacher, Mr. Briggs, had asked Aurora to stay at the front of the class so she could introduce herself.

"Okay, class," he drawled in his monotone voice, and clapping his hands together, "We have a new student from LA. Aurora, the floor is yours."

"Hi, I'm Aurora and I really like dancing and music." Aurora stated.

"What type of music you listen to?" a black kid asked her.

"Mainly hip hop, so like N.W.A., Run DMC..."

The kid nodded in approval and turned over to his friend and said something Aurora couldn't hear.

"Aurora, you can sit next to Yvonne right over there." Mr. Briggs said, pointing to a desk next to a brunette girl. Aurora did as she was told and sat in her assigned seat.

"Ok class, get out your notebooks for some notes..."

The whole class groaned.

*

The day so far wasn't too shabby for Aurora, but that all changed when lunchtime came. She was on her way to the lunch line when she accidentally bumped in a fat guy.

"Watch it, slut!" he yelled in her face.

"I'm so sorry!" Aurora said, fear in her voice.

"It's like you weren't fucking watc-"

"Hey! She already said sorry, Bailey! Leave her the fuck alone!" a boy came and interrupted him.

"You want to be put in another coma, 'M&M'?" Bailey mocked condescendingly. M&M. Why did that sound so familiar to Aurora?

"Get the fuck out of here, fatass. Instead of bullying people why don't you go exercise?" the boy called M&M replied. Bailey shot one last glare at M&M, then walked away.

The boy sighed and turned to Aurora. Damn, she's fine, he thought, and slyly (or so he thought) checked her out. "Sorry about that. That guy's a fucking douche canoe. You alright?" he asked. He had brown hair, blue eyes, and a very pointy nose. She was so caught up in observing his facial features that she forgot he was waiting for an answer.

"Yeah I'm alright. Thanks for that."

"No problem. I'm Marshall Mathers by the way." he said.

"Wait... Marshall Mathers...M&M... Aren't you that rapper?" she finally put together.

"How'd you know? I ain't ever seen you before." he asked, confusedly.

"I met your friend DeShaun yesterday, and he told me about you."

Marshall's face dawned in realisation. So this is the girl Proof was telling me about. Fuck, he was right. She's hot as fuck!

"Did he now? And what did he say?" Marshall asked, smirking.

"That you could spit some nasty rhymes."

"Maybe one day I can show you how nasty my rhymes can get." Marshall grinned.

"I'm up for it."

"So I never did catch your name?"

"Oh, sorry! I'm Aurora Forde." Aurora introduced herself with a smile.

"I've never known anyone named Aurora before. Nice name."

"Right back at ya." Aurora said.

*

"What was that about him putting you into another coma?" Aurora asked, as they walked to her house.

"Oh. Yeah, when I was nine, that faggot beat me up so bad that I was put into a coma. I had a real bad concussion and I couldn't really see anything in one eye for a while. My eye twitches sometimes too." Marshall paused briefly. "He's bullied me for a long time. He thinks he's some fucking big shot just 'cause his dad's a boxer." Marshall explained.

"Wow. That's awful." Aurora sympathised as she came to a stop.

"Yeah. This your house?" Marshall asked.

"Yeah." Aurora said, shyly.

"Damn."

"Thank you for walking me home. I really appreciate it." Aurora said.

"No problem. The D's pretty fucking dangerous. Just wanna make sure you get home safely."

"Well, I'll see you at school, I guess. Later." Aurora started to make her way towards the front door.

"Hey wait! Proof's comin' to my house this weekend? Wanna come too? There'll be weed!" he bribed.

Aurora turned around.

"Sure. On Saturday, right?" she asked.
Marshall only smiled at her. "Yeah. See you later!"
__________________________

A/N: Whew! That took a while to write. Please comment, let me know what on you guys' mind 😊.
-reignofscales 😈