Chapter Thirty-One.

I could feel my nerves being sent into complete overdrive; my palms become consumed with sweat. I stood in the full length mirror, smoothing out the creases in my pastel dress. My hair was lightly curled and wore very little makeup.

"I look disgusting," I said with a sigh.

"You look wonderful," Chloe commented. "Where are you going?"

"Just hanging out with a friend!"

"Mmh friend," Beth hummed. "You don't usually make that much of an effort when hanging out with Maria!"

"Is it a boy?" Chloe perked up.

"Might be!"

"Is he more than a friend?"

"Yes!" I whispered.

"Who is it?" Chloe practically shouted.

"Nobody you know!" I lied.

"It's one of the boys!" Beth explained to Chloe as they guessed.

"I'll see you later!" I waved goodbye as I began my way to Brad's dorm room. With a sharp intake of breath, I shapes my fingers into a right fist and was ready to tap into the door when I stopped myself. I could hear Brad shouting a Tristan to get out which caused me to chuckle. Finally knocking on door the bus converstation abruptly stopped. The door knob turned with little effort and stood there was James, Connor and Tristan.

"Oh hi Madison!" James laughed as he allowed me in."Where are you boys going?" I questioned.

"Brad has given us strict instructions to leave!" Connor chuckled as James opened the door leading the way out and leaving me alone. The room was quite dark apart from the dim light that shone from the bedroom area. Taking a few steps in, I was amazed by my surroundings. Fairy lights were tangled above the ceiling of Brad's bed, there was background projected on the blank wall which was a picture of LA with a table and chairs in front of it. Sounds of the sea played in the background on a stereo. Brad suddenly appeared from the corner, in a t-shirt, shorts and flip flops. I never really understood his fashion sense.

"Brad I don't know what to say," I stuttered.

"I know you are missing home, so I thought I would bring home to you," he explained. "Hence the outfit!" overjoyed with happiness tears started to tremble trailing down my cheeks. "Madison, don't cry! You hate it don't you?"

"No I love it!" I sobbed. "No one had ever done something so thoughtful for me before. This must have had a lot of planning!"

"That's what I've been trying to plan all last week!" He announced. "I couldn't have you hanging around with me nor tell you truthfully where I had been because it would of ruined the surprised!"

"I'm so sorry," I apologised covering my face with the palms of my hands.

"Don't be sorry," Brad lightly chuckled as he grasped hold of my wrists removing them off my face.

"Come on, let's take a seat I've prepared some food!" He smiled brightly guiding me to the little table. We tucked into our meal of mini burgers with salty chips while the sea music played in the background.

"I thought of getting a mink paddling pool to represent a swimming pool but Tristan wasn't too keen on that idea especially if it meant borrowing his car!"

"It doesn't matter, everything is perfect!" I commented.

"I got something else for you though!" He smirked. "Close your eyes whilst I go and get it!" He said getting up from his seat.

"Okay!" I said nervously as I snapped them shut.

"Don't peak, promise?"

"Promise!" I reassured him, after a few minutes I started to question if Brad hadn't ran away. "Are you still here?"

"Yes, you can open them!" I gradually but slowly opened my eyes open to see Brad standing in front of me - with a ring.

"B-Brad-"

"I'm not proposing before you panic," he reassured me quickly. "It's a promise ring, I promise that I always love you even if you leave to go back to LA I will still love you more than life itself. Because the thing is Madison, I love you so very much!"

"I love you," I whispered as he slowly slipped the ring onto my finger, shaking as he did so.

"It may sound cheesy but I like to think that you are perfect in every way," I smiled at him goofily as he spoke.

____________

SHORT CHAPTER BUT AWWW IT WAS CUTE AF(;