"Mommy! Tete!" The girls yelled in unison.

"Hey princesses." I smiled.

They kissed my cheeks and hugged me tightly. I can't believe I won't be seeing them for a week. Every since the twins were born, I never left there side.

Mason has only been in my life for a few months now and I was gonna miss my little munchkin. Hell, I was gonna miss everybody.

"You wanna help me cook dinner Leah? Demetrius is bringing his sister over for dinner tonight and I want everything to be perfect." She stressed.

"Do I have a choice?" I questioned.

"Nope." She laughed.

"Then I'll help."

The kids ran out the kitchen, going into the living room. I helped Cha clean up and washed my hands.

"Mason is out with Demetrius, they went to the store to pick up some stuff for the icecream." She informed.

"Oh okay. I was wondering where my other baby was."

"I think it's nice that you accept him even though he's not yours. Most women wouldn't."

"Well I'm not most women."

"Yeah, I know. Your a mess." She said while wiping the counters down.

"You love me and my mess." I grinned.

"Mhm. So miss thang, what happened while you were with Quamir?" She asked while cluttering the counter with ingredients for tonight's dinner.

I explained to her what happened with August and how Quamir wasn't too happy when I told him about. Cha looked like she wanted to smack the shit outta me.

"Now you know damn well your wrong for that A'leah. It's either Quamir or August you have to decide. If you want August then be with him. If you want Quamir don't be all over August. You have some thinking to do while your away."

August

Hip-hop, hey

Hip-hop, hey

Hip-hop, hey

I know that I can feel change

"Great job August, take five." Zeke said.

I took my headphones off, rested them on the stand and walked outta the booth. A nigga was finally back in the studio, doing what I do best.

Hip-Hop was a new single of mines that I would release in a few weeks. I haven't released anything new in a year. My album came out two years ago, I was workin' on my next one but alot of shit had been goin' on.

It felt good ta' be in my element fa' the day. Once Leah came back from Italy, I'd be gettin' back on my grind, doing more interviews, and shows which meant more money.

"Zeke play that shit back fa' me."

He turned the track on and leaned back in his chair. I sat on the couch and started bobbin' my head ta' the instrumental part in the beginning.

I came from drop tops and old school Chevy's

Dope boys rollin' through, shittin' on ya heavy

Fifteens in ya trunk beatin' down ya block

Only four years old when Biggie got shot I remember playin' on the block, hanging on the block

I had a dope ass record on my hands and I'a couldn't wait fa' my fans ta' hear it. They've been dyin' ta' hear some new music from me and they'll hear it real soon.

"You really inspire me brutha', I bet this song will go platinum within the next year." He chuckled.

"Das' what my music is all about. I wanna inspire others wit' my story, lettin' them kno' that shit maybe bad at the moment but God has a plan fa' you. Ion't need ta' wrap about gettin' hoes, or smokin'. My music is real."

"I feel you onnat." He grinned.

Zeke was an old cat my mama knew. He's been in the music industry producin' records fa' years now. He was well trusted too in the industry so why not have him produce this record wit' me?

"I'm hungry as shit." I groaned.

"I ordered pizza and wings while you was in the booth. I haven't eaten since last night."

"Damn."

"So is there a special lady in ya life young blood?" He asked.

"It's a complicated man. We was together fa' four years. I cheated and got another chick pregnant, so she left me. We been broken up fa' two years na', and she talkin' ta' somebody. But I plan on proposin' ta' her tomorrow on her flight ta' Italy." I explained.

"Don't waste ya time. You gone end up makin' a fool outta yourself man." He said while turnin' the soundboard off.

"No I'm not. A'leah is the only female I wanna marry. I fucked up, but a nigga is changing. Besides, I want my family back." I sighed.

"Marriage is a huge commitment. How old are you?" He questioned.

"Twenty-four." I answered.

"Aight, your a twenty-four year old R&B singer, a father of three and you want to marry your babymama who's also your ex girlfriend."

"Yeah, you make it sound bad though."

"Well, your marrying this girl for all the wrong reasons blood. It sounds like your marrying her because you don't want her to be with anybody else."

"I don't, she's mines and always will be."

"She'd still be yours if you didn't slip up. You said she's talking to somebody right? So why not let her be happy with someone else and you can do the same?" He questioned.

I messed wit' my chin hair and sighed. I wanna be happy wit' Leah. I don't want anybody else. But why continue ta' chase her if she claims she don't want me?

What if I make a fool outta myself asking her ta' marry me and she says no? I will be embarrassed as fuck and wouldn't speak ta' her ever again, which ain't possible cause we got kids together.

"I really wanna be wit' her Zeke. I ain't never love a female like her before. She's special ta' me, and I'a don't wanna let her go." I sighed again as I ran my hands over my face.

"I've been in your shoes befo', trust me I know. But you just need to move on. If it's meant to be, you two will be together again. I promise." He assured.

I nodded. Maybe Zeke is right. It's time fa' me ta' move on. I don't want to, I'll just stay focused on my kids and music.

"Where this pizza at? A nigga over here starvin'." I chuckled.

"There go the guy comin' in now." He said, handing me the money.

Maybe it ain't meant ta' be..at least not right now.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Poor August!

Quamir and A'laysia in the MM from left to right.

1) Was Quamir right for the way he reacted?

2) Why do you think A'laysia is giving A'leah a hard time?

3) Do you think August will propose to Leah even though he changed his mind?