Part 6: Gaming

Scarlets POV

After I finished my breakfast Jared told me that we could go outside. He wanted to show me the gardens. He kept his distance from me though which I'm thankful for don't get me wrong. But I still don't understand why. It's like he's catering to me. He even held the door open for me to go out.

Stepping out onto the porch of the back yard the bright blinding light of the sun had me cowering back with my hand in front of my face. When I ran into something behind me, or should I say someone, I froze. The distance that was between us was really not enough.

I could completely feel his tall lean body against my back. I dropped my hand to my side and lowered my head to try to shield myself from the sun. His breath blew some of my hair and I felt another panic attack coming on from the memories that were stirring up in my head. I've never had flash backs like this before but I guess my weariness of my new surroundings and not being touched yet had got me on edge.

My breathing started to get heavy. I could just step forward away from him but the fear of him being angry that I tried to flee from him had me rooted to the spot.

As if he could sense my fear or my thoughts, or I don't know, something. He backed away from me giving me some room. "Sorry I didn't think about the light. Why don't we go inside and I can show you the game room or something."

I could hear him take a few more steps back from me. Taking a glimpse at the garden outside I inwardly sighed. The flowers looked beautiful. I've never been much of a girly girl but I always loved flowers. I wish I could have gone out to see them.

Giving one last longing look I turned to Jared and continued to follow him up the stairway to the game room. Upon entering the room I instantly wanted to back step again but knew I couldn't as long as I didn't want to run into Jared again.

There were three men in the room that I've never witnessed before. They were playing some game on the TV racing cars. They were quite loud yelling insults at each other and trying to push each other while trying not to crash on their game. Jared came to stand next to me and loudly cleared his throat grabbing the attention of them instantly. Effectively making all of them crash their cars.

They all stood making their way over to us. "Dude I was winning." The taller one amongst the small group whined. "You idiots can play again later, for now there's someone I want you to meet." Jared told them. His voice held a little more authority to it then it usually has when he talks to me.

He looked down at me standing next to him and waved a hand to the men who were in front of us. To close for my comfort zone to have 4 men around me. Easily being cornered. "Scarlet these are some of my best fighters Jack, Aiden, and Duncan." He explained to me waving to each as he spoke their name.

Aiden was the tall one that spoke earlier with Short bleach blonde hair. Duncan was almost as tall but not quite there, he seemed to have dyed his hair a light blue color. Jack was just as tall as Duncan but had a wider build, his pitch black hair resembling mine.

"Hi Scarlet pleasure to met you." Aiden spoke up while stepping forward and reaching his hand out to me. I wanted to flinch but stood strong not wanting to seem weak when I'm surrounded. The weaker I am the more fun they have. Not feeling comfortable with his hand so close to me I subtly inched closer to Jared. For some reason I felt as if I could seek comfort and protection from him.