Chapter 64 - Four More Days

Start from the beginning

"Okay then." Zeke says heading over to the closet and I follow.

He bends down and grabs a box of knives and hands it to me. "How about you start with these, and I'll start with bullet refills."

"That works." I say walking over and putting the box on the table. I take one of the bigger bins Amar gave us and put it next to it. I count out groups of two until I get to thirty.

"There we go. Those are done." I say putting the lid on the container. It's not too big of a container, but it's not very small. It's a good size for the amount of knives we have for the job.

"So are mine. So we need guns and something to pick locks with?"

"Yeah."

"How about you start with guns and I'll find something to pick locks with."

"Okay." I say and begin to collect all of the guns we have on the shelves.

"Anything we can help with?" George asks from across the room.

"Do you want to recount these and make sure we counted right?" I ask.

"Sure." They come over and count out the bullet refills and knives again.

"We need thirty groups of two." I tell them and continue on with the guns.

"What was there a party in here and I wasn't invited?!" I hear a female voice joke near the door.

I hear both dogs barrel over to the door and I turn to see Chris standing there, her arm still in a black sling wrapped in cream colored bandages.

"Heyyy!" Zeke yells holding out the "y". "What you doing here?!"

"Told you; I'm comin' to crash the party. Seems pretty lame to me if I do say so myself..." She says chuckling and bending down to pet the dogs.

"How's the arm doing?" I ask.

"As annoying as usual. Doesn't hurt as much anymore though, so that's a perk."

"When is this all happening?" She says signaling to all of the stuff we've been arranging on tables.

"Four days. Erudite's got all of the radios and vehicles ready; they showed them to us the other day. They've also got a location and access to cameras inside. All that's left is getting those people out." Amar says.

"I'm so bummed I can't go. I really wanted to help. Of course clumsiness always seems to get in the way." She says signaling to her arm in the sling.

"How did that happen?" Zeke asks.

"Ya know the potholes by the tattoo parlor?" She asks more like a statement.

"Oh. That'll do it all right." He says.

"Are we all counted up?" I ask.

"Yeah. I found all of these little metal stick things that work great with picking locks. We have a ton so we should be good." Zeke says pulling out a thin little metal bar from his pocket. It's probably about half the size of my pinky and a little longer than it.

"Great. We're done here then." I say.

"Okay then. See you all later!" George says clipping a leash on Rex.

"See ya all later!" Zeke says walking out behind George, Amar and Rex.

Christina looks at me and I look at her.

"Just four more days." She says trying to sound positive.

I sigh and smile back.

"Four more days."

A/N-

Hey humans!!

So...

Sadly my little cousins (who I do love but are a royal pain) are coming in for a week next week.

Most of my days are spent with them when they are in, so I'm going to try to pre write and post chaos in the small times I get.

Then the next two weeks after that I have band camp with my flag for the Colorguard in my district band.

Then I have one week where I swear I will try to go crazy with updates because the week after that school starts again for me.

So yeah that's the plan! Sorry it's not the best one, but I'm not too happy with it either.

Anyways...

33.1k reads!! <4

Don't forget to

Vote

And

Comment

And

Be brave because I <4 you all so so much!!!!