Chapter 28

Chapter 28

Thanks for reading hope you enjoy the chapter .
............................

I saw Christian between classes today. I was by my locker and he was talking to one of his best friends Marcus. I had my locker opened with a picture of the two of us taped to the inside. He turned around and I saw him look and see the picture. I closed my locker quickly and he just stood there and looked at me. He said hi to me and saw that I was still wearing the necklace he gave to me. He gently tugged on the infinity charm hanging from it then touched my cheek. I just stood there.

I wanted to grab him and tell him how much I love and miss him but I was frozen. I just looked into his beautiful eyes as tears pooled in mine. He gave me a sad smile like he wanted to say more than hello to me but he didn't. He walked away and turned once to look back at me. I watched him walk until he was out of my view and I wiped my tears away. I think he misses me too but why hasn't he tried to get back together with me? I'm afraid to tell him how I feel. I love him so much, more than anything.

It's now 2 weeks into April and the weather is back up in the 90's. I have been spending my afternoons at the clubhouse laying in the sun and swimming. I've have been lonelier than usual. I'm back to social suicide at school nobody even sits with me at lunch even Sean is ignoring me. Alexa is still dating Connor who still hangs out with Christian so she barely even calls me anymore. Whatever, I'm fine on my own. Up until I met him I was fine being the lonely quiet girl.

I've quietly adjusted going back being on my own and blending to the crowd without being noticed, that's been my specialty I guess. I haven't even been using my locker lately so I don't have to see anyone between classes. I just keep all my books with me and go in the bathroom until the bell rings. Sometimes I spend my whole lunch hour in there or go to the school library. Christian occasionally gives me a small smile when we pass each other but that's it. He's done with me. I'm still so heartbroken but I have learned to cope.

It's Saturday and the clubhouse is usually very crowded so I don't go until after 5pm when most people are done swimming and home having dinner. It's a little cloudy out today and looks like a thunderstorm is coming but its still really hot. My mom had Mr. Chasing over they are still dating and really in love. I cant bring myself to call him Dan or Daniel. He's really nice and his son Jonah is a cute little kid. The clubhouse is pretty empty except for a few elderly people inside playing cards. There are a group of moms sitting in a square looking at some catalogs. I go all the way to the far end of the pool and lay back on a chair with my headphones on. I just close my eyes and hope nobody is standing over me with a cell phone ready to humiliate me like last June.

My music is so loud that I don't hear the thunderstorm that's looming above me. I feel a few raindrops and open my eyes. I quickly sit up surprised to see how dark the sky is. Oh crap! I gather up my stuff and put my shorts and tee on.I'm the only one out here, it appears the few people that were here went inside. I start walking towards the clubhouse to take shelter but the doors are locked from the pool side, my pass key is somewhere at the bottom of my bag and I don't want to walk all the way around. So I'll just head for the gate to start walking home before it gets too bad. Tampa has some wicked thunderstorms this time of year but I'm used to it. I actually love the rain I just hate the lightning.

Before I know it the rain is so heavy I can barely see, it is literally a torrential downpour and I have no where to hide. Im getting soaked. I quickly stuff my cell in my tote bag to keep it dry and wrap my towel over my shoulders and start running. It's too late though because the torrential downpour has already soaked me, the lightning is so bad and I have at least a 10 minute walk home. I keep a fast pace as I head out of the gate but it's not easy running in flip flops. Suddenly a big boom of lightning crashes down and the sound from the crash is so loud that I literally jump as I'm trying to run home and slip and fall into the street outside the clubhouse.