Chapter 9

Skye's pov

Preston is already sitting on the love seat, so I sit on the other couch. Mitch shuts the door and calls the boys downstairs. Once everyone is down, he start talking. "Okay, I called this meeting to discuss something. We haven't introduced Skye to our fans yet." he says as if he was authority.

"Yeah, let's do a vlog to introduce her. Skye turns 18 tomorrow, so it will be legal for you two to actually date." Lachlan says with sass. I shake my head 'no'. "Why not?" Jerome asks, obviously being rude.

"Maybe later..." I mutter sadly, not wanting anyone to say anything. "Okay, second thing. Skye, what happened to your cheek, it wasn't bruised when we were at your school." Mitch adds. I sigh and try to lie, "I accidently opened my locker and it hit me in the face." I say convincingly. Preston shakes his head 'no'.

"Do you think we're stupid? Skye, you and I are connected. I can tell when you're lying, now what really happened?" Preston warns. "W-wait, what? Oh, uhhh." I stutter awkwardly.

"Come on, get on with it." Vikk says from beside me. I look at him as if he was insane and start, "Okay don't kill anyone please...oneofmybulliesslappedmereallyhardanditbuised." I say quickly. "Wait what? Talk slower." Rob reasons. "O-okay...one. Of. My. Bullies. Slapped. Me. Really. Hard. And. It. Bruised." I slowly speak.

Preston's face looks terrifying, and his stare could kill. (I guess you could call it, a death stare! Ba da tssssss....no? Okay..) "HOW COULD I NOT BE ANGRY?!" Preston yells, making me flinch. I stand and touch his arm, he pushes me away, hard. I land on Rob, making me yelp in paim. Rob 's jaw drops.

"Preston? You just tried to inflict pain on your mate..." Rob mutters. "I don't fudging care! Leave me alone, don't come to my room." Preston growls, stands and leaves the room. "The shrimp just happened?" Lachlan demands.

My lips quiver as I realize what just happened. Did he think it was my fault? Was i just dis-owned? My thoughts get the best of me, and I walk to my room, avoiding more questions. The bags of clothes are still not in-packed, so I decide I will do that to take my mind off of things.

I finally finish, and my room looks a lot better. Apparently I'm turning 18 tomorrow, so that means today is June 5th. I see a cute pair of shorts and a crop top to match it, (as seen in the picture above.) I smile at my choice, and set it on my dresser.

Suddenly, I hear thunder and rain pours outside of the house. Memories of my dead father flash in my head. I run out of the room and down the stairs, because of my extreme fear of storms. "Skye you okay?" Vikk asks, stareing at my afraid face. "N-no..." I whisper.

"I would cuddle with you, but Preston 'sees all'." He replies. I walk over and sit beside him. Thunder claps, and lightning flashes through the house. I jump, squeal a bit, and cover my face. "Ugh. Preston is being such a jerk." Vikk mutters under his breath.

I don't reply, only pull my knees to my face and try to ignore the rain. "PRESTON!" Vikk screams from his spot, making me flinch. "Wait, don't you have mood-changing Power also?" Lachlan asks from the other couch.

"Yes, but she is Preston's mate. It won't work, I think at least." Vikk sighs. "I mean, you could try..." Rob speaks up. "Fine." Vikk mutters in defeat. Suddenly, I start to feel even more afraid, deathly afraid. "St-stop. PLEASE!" I scream, my body is shaking violently.