Chapter 6

Skye's pov

"Really? You mean Pete and Nooch?!" Morgan excitedly asks. "Well yeah..." I reply. Morgan bounces up and down on her bed. I smile, "How old are you?" She asks. "I'm seventeen. Going to turn 18 next year..."I state. Morgan gasps, "but you look so young." She says sadly. "It's okay. I won't get adopted anytime soon, but if I do, I will convince them to adopt you also." I mutter soothingly. Morgan smiles, showing crooked teeth. This kid is adorable. "Okay, where am I supposed to go next?" I ask her. "Well lunch, next after that's is adoption for 13+" Morgan answers.

"You wanna head to lunch?" I ask her sweetly. She nods, and I allow her to lead the way. Morgan leads me to the second floor, where a lot of people are talking, or eating. I follow her to a short line, where we get pizza. I grab my plate and follow Morgan to a empty table. There are people everywhere, of both genders. Which is surprising.

We eat together in peace. "I've never got to eat with anyone else before." Morgan talks over everyone. I frown and continue eating. When I finish, Morgan is waiting for me. She grabs my plate from me, and throws it away. "Okay, now we go to the lobby for adoption hour." Morgan says happily. I nod and follow hee to the elevator. She presses the first floor button. It doesn't take long for us to be down there.

I line up on the wall, with people that look my age. ."Who's this?" a boy with Brown hair asks his friends. They shrug their shoulders. "Who are you?" he asks me. "I'm Skye." I reply shyly. "Why have I never seen you before? Oh, my name is Conner by the way." The boy questions. "Because, I got here like, 45 minutes ago." I reply, thinking of Matt and Brandon.

"Oh, okay. How old are you?" Conner asks. "First, you ask a lot of questions, second, I'm seventeen." I say in monotone. Conner nods, and people I don't know start walking in. "Those are the adopters." Conner whispers.

40 minutes later.

People I never thought I would see again, walked in. The Pack. I hear Morgan scream, and runs up to them. The boys talk to her, and their eyes survey the crowd. I put Conner in front of me, I can't stop thinking that I'm going to die. Morgan runs over to me, "SKYE! THEY WANT TO SEE YOU!!" she says, giving up my hiding spot. I frown and shake my head 'no'. She walks back over to them, probably explaining how I wouldn't come. Mitch nods and stares at me. "Skye. They are stareing....they probably want one of us." Conner says to me, over the noise.

Preston walks over, "Skye come on, we're leaving. This time, you will be staying." He whispers menacingly. I shake my head no, and he grabs my arm, and pulls me to the boys. "Sorry Morgan, we came for Skye..."Lachlan says with a hint of annoyance. Morgan's eyes well up with tears, but she nods and walks back to her spot. ' She wouldn't want your future, don't worry about it.' I say to myself. She states at me, and a single tear rolls down her cheek. I break away from Preston and walk over to her. My legs squat to her size. "It's okay, just watch their videos....you wouldn't want them to ruin your view of things.." I whisper, and hug her. She smiles and nods. I stand up to leave, but Morgan hugs me again.she lets go, and I walk back over to the boys. Preston grabs my shoulder making me scream inside my thoughts, in reality I wince. Vikk covers his ears.

I don't care if I was in pain, now Vikk is. Preston grabs my forearm and drags me out, Suddenly Rob walks out, "hello, Skye Latsky." he says loudly. My face drops, and Preston pushes me towards a car. 'Vikk don't do anything.' I think to myself. "HELP! KID-" Suddenly my words are muffled, by Preston's hand. In shoved into a car, that looks big. The car only has 6 seats... I sigh and sit on Lachlan's lap, because he is the least touchy. The Windows are tinted, so no one can see inside the traffic in la is bad at this hour, which isn't surprising.

The car suddenly lurches forward, I grab onto the closest thing which happens to be Lachlan's shirt. It stretches and I hear Lachlan growl. "Well grr to you too." I mutter under my breath. "Skye, you're already in trouble, don't make it worse." Jerome says. I shrug and the car goes silence. "I'm already in trouble, so why not get in more trouble?" I mutter. Someone squeezes my forearm, so my body instinctively turns to see who it was. It turns out to be Lachlan who did it. "Who the fudge do You think you are?! Not my mother! Remember, she's dead!!" I say/yell.