Chapter 3

Skye's pov

When I regain consciousness I'm not in the basement anymore, I'm in a pretty nice bedroom, and my cuts are covered up. My shoulder aches a bit, so I grab my elbow, and pop it back into place. The door opens and Vikk walks in. He is carrying a bowl of oatmeal, obviously plain.

I flinch as he sets it down beside me. "It's okay. I don't want to hurt girls, especially girls that are my age." he whispers soothingly. He WAS the only guy that didn't hit me last night. I still don't trust him though, he is the most innocent out of the group...Vikk scoots closer to me, and I scoot away, not careing about the pain. "I-is there a bathroom?" I ask, not wanting to get in trouble. "Yes, follow me." he sighs.

I stand and follow him out into the hallway. We turn onto a door, which Vikk opens for me. I walk in and look at myself in the mirror....I don't look the same, at all...normally I would see a cheery face, full of light..now all I see is a broken girl.

I sit on the toilet and do my business. It takes me about thirty seconds to get done. I stand and wash my hands. Vikk is standing outside of the door. He motions for me to follow him. My legs carry me away, and I almost loose balance on the stairs, but Vikk saves me.

We end up in the living room. Vikk sits down, and I sit beside him. I mindlessly hum the song 'Stitches' by Shawn Mendes. Vikk looks at me with a look I don't quite understand. I see Preston and Rob walking down the stairs and I scoot closer to Vikk, almost on top of him.

Rob sits beside me, and Preston sits beside him. I scoot until I'm on top of Vikk. He looks un-comfortable. Preston stares at us, as if were crazy. Lachlan, Mitch, and Jerome walk down the stairs. Mitch walks to the kitchen, but Jerome, and Lachlan sit on the other couch. "Hey. Vikk, trade me spots." Preston says, a little agitated. Vikk stands, and leaves me on the couch.

Preston sits down and pulls me onto his lap. I feel uncomfterable, so I stand up and sit beside Vikk again. Preston sighs loudly, and gives me a look. "WHO WANTS PANCAKES?!" I hear Mitch yell from the kitchen. The boys scream, "Me!!'". I flinch, but stay silent. Vikk seems to notice My nervousness, so he rubs my back.

I start to feel a little bit more comfortable on his lap. My humming continues to the tune of 'Talking Body' by Tove Lo. Lachlan starts to song along, and Vikk beats the couch to the beat.

I start to hum louder but am interrupted by Mitch bringing in 6 plates. He gives one to to all the boys, and keeps one for himself. I look down and slide off of Vikk onto the ground. I cross my legs and put my hands in my lap. Vikk offers me a piece of bacon off of his plate, and I gladly accept.

I eat the bacon, as if it was the last piece of food I would get. I look try to look innocent, or just cute. Mitch sighs and gives me another peice of bacon. Yes! I think to myself. Vikk giggles a bit. "Skye, you do realize you said that out loud, right?" Jerome says in a funny way. My face forms a surprised look.

Vikk stands up and takes his plate to the kitchen. When he comes back, he about trips over me. I giggle and he sits down. I stand and sit back onto his lap. My face starts aching, so I hold it. "You okay?" Preston asks me. I let go of my face and nod at him. I try to not touch it, to keep the attention off of me. Rob grabs my hand and takes me to the bathroom. Vikk and Jerome follow.

Rob takes off my bandages lightly, and observers my cuts. I flinch as he touches one of them. He pours something into them, that burns really badly. Vikk grabs my hand and I squeeze it tightly. "Okay, so that burned your cuts together, so they won't get infected." Rob explains. I nod and Jerome pats my back. Vikk holds my Hand and we walk back to the living room. Preston stares at our hands, and stands up. He gives Vikk a angry look, and he let's go of my hand. Preston stares at me, and I act like I didn't see him. Suddenly I shiver, I look over and Preston's eyes are Purple. "W-wait- what?" I ask in a afraid voice. "Preston!!! Stop!!! Leave her alone!!!" Rob screams while trying to distract him. My mind goes blank.

I walk over to Preston, and sit sown. Rob tries to get Preston to look away from me. Preston hisses, like a cat-....or a vampire. Vikk jumps up and tackles Preston. "No! This can't happen yet!!" Vikk screams loudly. I suddenly regain feeling and my thoughts. Vikk and Preston are fighting, while the others are attending to me. "I-I'll b-b-" I loose consciousness mid-sentance