Chapter 26

Author's POV

Sesshomaru took both InuSuro and Korra as signs that Sonya would always be with him, that she never left him. It's was hard for him to grasp the fact that she truly was gone and that he had to accept it. Sesshomaru had gotten cold over time, his warm center, froze over. He had always thought that it was his fault that Sonya died. He longed for more power than his father had. They both suffered the same fate in loosing something and with that, Sesshomaru felt weak. He needed more power to be even stronger than ever before. And by gaining this power of his, he felt like it could make up for his weakness. Though he was quite distant with everyone else, he spent much if his time caring for his children, for they were his world, his meaning of life. Sesshomaru would have ventured into the netherworld with Sonya, but he knew better than to abandon his life..or lives...InuSuro and Korra. And by staying with them, he hoped it would make Sonya and his father proud.

Sonya ventured off into the netherworld, in search of Lord Tashio. Many of the spirits there were surprised that she was looking for the most powerful demon that had ever lived. After manus weeks of trying, she gave up and spent most of her days praying at his tomb. She was so shocked at the true enormity of his skeleton. She felt like she was a child, sitting with him there. And she was overjoyed when he came to see her. She caned tears of joy for him and he welcomed her in open arms. She felt that Lord Tashio would be disappointed in her, for not being able to protect Sesshomaru forever. But Lord Tashio understood, for he had to leave Izayoi. But she completed his wishes by showing Sesshomaru the true meaning of love and sorrow, by showing him that even the Great Sesshomaru of the West, had someone to protect. And he was proud that it was Sonya. She was surprised when Izayoi walked up next to Lord Tashio. Sonya cried out in joy and in sorrow, for she knew InuYasha would live the rest of his life alone, but she was happy to see Lord Tashio happy as well. And for the rest of her days, she would pray for her family's well being.

Lord Tashio offered to take Sonya with him up to the skies where she had dreamt of. He told her that she would no longer have to feel fear or remorse. She said yes of course and every night she would sit on the moon and look down on her mate and pups, making sure that they would be alright. But he knew what she wanted more than anything...to see Sesshomaru...though he had already brought her to where she dreamt of and was happy, he knew her soul would never truly be at peace, until she bid her family a final farewell. So he sent her soul back to earth one last time, to make her happy.

Izayoi had left InuYasha. She had died protecting him from angry villagers that wanted to kill him for being a halfbreed. She protected him and defended him while he ran into the forest. They beat her and tortured her for giving birth to him. But she didn't care. Having him was one of the best things that had ever happened to her. As long as she was happy and with him, she would be alright. But the time came here she would have to choose between her happiness and InuYasha's. And so she made her way to the netherworld as well. She also wanted to bid a final farewell to InuYasha, Lord Tashio would also grant that wish.

InuYasha's POV

*sniff *sniff

"I think it's this way....mother said something about west and a caste." I murmured to myself

I made my way to a hill top and on the horizon, I found it....Sesshomaru's Castle. The sun had just begun to set when a caught a familiar scent. I know this scent.....mother...? No! It couldn't be-she's

"Yes I'm dead InuYasha....I hope you're not mad..." I spun around an through my flowing sliver hair...I saw here. There she was like magic. I ran up to her and gave her a huge hug, tears stinging my eyes.

"Mother!!!!!!" I cried "you don't know how much I've missed you!"

"It's alright InuYasha....I'm here....I've come to say goodbye..."