Chapter 1

It was barely daybreak when Sonya heard shuffling around the house. As a curious,yet cautious little kid, she sat right up.

"Shh, we don't want to wake her." Sonya's mother whispered.....Sonya giggled at how loud her mother was being, yet she was telling her father to be quiet. What were they doing? Sonya thought. So she silently stood out of bed and walked to the door. Trying not to be heard, she quietly slid the door open.

"We'll be back before sundown." Sonya's father told the guards

Hearing this, Sonya's worries were put to rest. Her mother and father were always sent on missions. They always kept their word and returned the following night. But something troubled the young Sonya of the North. She felt eerie about seeing her parents leave like that. They would always kiss her goodbye before they left, this time they didn't. This made Sonya very upset with her parents. With tears rolling down her cheeks, she whispered "goodbye" to them and blew a kiss to each of them.

A/N
Sonya was an assassin princess. Raised by her parents who ran the academy. As their child, Sonya had to learn their ways. She has black hair with brown eyes and she's twelve. She also has a pet fox named Eve.

Sonya then turned to her little fox friend, Eve. She was a gift from her parents. Eve was very important to Sonya, for Eve was her only friend.

"Looks like it's just you and me today Eve." Sonya yawned

Sonya's POV

"Well, we might as well do something while we're up, come one Eve."

My name is Sonya and my life is pretty freaking awesome and crappy at the same time. I've got a great home, food and a family that loves me, accept my family is never around. Ever since my father approved of my training, my parents were always out and about. They don't really have time to be with me, so they got me Eve. She's my best friend, my only friend actually. They thought, by getting me Eve, she could replace them. Not. Some life. I just try and move on with life I guess.

So Eve and I did our daily routine. bathe, eat, and venture outside. We discovered new parts of the land everyday. I had created a map of my new discoveries and added another picture. It was like my hobby, aside from being an assassin.

There was this area off to the west where we haven't been. It looked interesting, accept everyone said that the scariest demons lived there. I didn't want to stick my nose into something that wasn't my business. So we never went there, just passed it up.

I got that eerie feeling again. It was like a tingling in my stomach that wouldn't go away.

"Do you feel that?" I said looking down at Eve. She just sat down and stared. Just as I sat down there was an explosion up North.....my home....

I sprinted towards the castle, praying everything was okay, with Eve at my heels.
When I arrived everything was anything but okay. Someone had set the castle ablaze.
I heard my mother's voice. She was calling my name.

"Mother!" I hollered, inching closer to the flames

I heard the pounding and howling of something big. I looked up and there it was. Behind the flames, I could see a large body mass, shaped like a dog, maybe a wolf, but it was huge. I howled and growled in pain as the guards attacked him. The beast must have done something that provoked the battle.
"Mom! Where are you!?" Eve grabbed hold of the base of my pants to keep me from getting any closer to the fire.

"I have to help them!" I said pulling away. Then my mother appeared in the door way.

"Mom!"

"Sonya!!!!"