Chapter 17

《《Sun Up》》

~Dakota's P.O.V.~

I woke to the sound of slow, steady breathing. Smiling, I opened my eyes to see the flawless face of my sleeping mate. Blinking, I tilted my head and watched him sleep for a moment more before sitting up, kissing him lightly on the forehead. "Good morning my alpha," I whisper, smiling, "I hope you're sleeping well."

Smiling, I quietly crawl off the pelt and change into my day clothes, keeping my eyes on Kris the entire time. Once I'm finished, I slip out of the den and shut the door behind me, careful not to wake my mate.

As quickly and quietly as I can I pad down the halls until I reach the opening of the cave, peering outside. No one. I strain my ears, listening for any possible noise. Nothing. I grin. Good.

Closing my eyes, I quickly shift to my snake form and slither off into the woods, searching for my breakfast. My boa hadn't been out in a while, so I thought I'd let her eat for me.

What I didn't notice as I disappeared into the woods, to my dismay, was a pair of bright brown eyes watching me.

****

~Lay's P.O.V.~

Dakota...what a pabo. She forgot to look above her. That's where the person on guard always is! In today's case, that's me. Should I follow her? My wolf growls, causing me to shake my head. No, I'll let her be.

Standing, I shift to human form and jump off the roof of the cave, landing softly on the ground. Smiling, I grab a pen and piece of paper from our supplies bin and scribble a note for the others before turning around and jogging off into the woods, opposite of Dakota. It's about time everyone had some bubble tea. We hadn't had any in forever! Sehun's probably dying.

Smiling to myself, I jogged through the woods, taking in the scent of the forest. When I was just about at the edge of the clearing an unfamiliar smell it my nose. Freezing, I sniffed for a minute before finally realizing what the smell was - vampire.

Just as the word entered my mind a figure stepped out of the forest, right in front of me. It was a young vamire, probably changed at about my age or so, with bright red hair and eyes to match. Smiling, I bowed to him. "Hello."

"You know," he said, stepping closer with a look of crazed determination in his eyes, "I never liked werewolves." My eyes widened, but before I had a chance to run he lunged, biting my neck, and everything went black.

******

Ahh, y'all, Lay got attacked!!! Do ya know by who? I'll give you a hint: He's in a popular kpop boyband of 7 members, and his hair was once red but isn't at the moment.